Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a yamaha warrior and i do trail ridding, pit ridding the ocational mud i want some thing that will hook up good in any terain but with out braking the bank any segestions? sorry bout the spelling

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
titan fast trekkers for trails they work awesome. i just put a pair on my 400ex. i was runnin itp holeshots before and i have ran maxxas razrs. they are good the razrs but i like the fast trekkers in the trails.[:D] there 4 ply and around 45.00 a piece [8D]

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
I had ITP holeshots and they hooked up good on everything..

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
here is a set of spider-trac tires and they are on warrior rims.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43983&item=2422987589

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i do agree with rmk king.itp holeshots hook up awesome almost to good.i like to have just alittle slide tho and good bite commin off the corner.it seemed like itp gripped so good i hade to slow down alittle to much in the corners.with the fasttrekkers they grip good and are very controlable in the corners.i guess it just depends on your preference [:D] i hear the kenda klaws are good to but i havent run em yet.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
the mud lites are a nice aggressive tire and in my opinion unless you are going mudding more than trail riding they are to aggressive..if you want a nice tire for mud,sand,and trails my first suggestion is hard to beat like i said,puresports bandits are nice,a friend of mine has fast trekker's on his 400ex also and he seems to like them,but according to the dennis kirk catalog they are only 2ply bias..Bear claws are also nice but again a little aggressive for trail riding.maxxis razar's are nice also but kinda expensive if u ask me.lets us know what you end up buying..

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i just looked on rockymoutainatv and they have the fast trekker's for like 35 bucks and they are saying they are 4ply

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
and whats wrong with 4 ply ken do u like 6 ply i hate to tell ya but the more the ply the rougher the ride[:D]

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i have ran almost all the performance tires except the klaws. and i think u are just payin out the azz for the name. the only tire that performed up to its high price was maxxas razrs in my opinion

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
no lars i wanst saying i dont like 4ply i was just saying how one company says the trekkers are 2ply and another says they are 4 ply..

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
yes ken u are right about the 2 ply 4 ply. they used to all be 2 ply but i think they only come in 4 now. i wasnt flaming what so ever about the last post. i was just giving my experiences with the tires i have run. theres so many tires on the market now days its nutz.do u get all your stuff from rockymountain atv ken. it is the walmart of atv parts. lol. i ordered a piston there for my friends yz 250 and it took 2 weeks and supposidly it was in stock. but i admit there prices are the best.i like moto-man.com the best so far. for prices and service.cause just because someplaces are cheep doesnt mean there the best. i look at the over all deal service shipping prompt-ness [:)]

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Rocky MTN is the cheapest for parts iv seen so far..I was looking at reeds for my quad and they were $180 in DK and I got them for $120 out of rocky mtn..anyways your right about their being alot of tires on the market, theirs alot of them that have the same disign but their a diff brand..

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
have you ran the 6ply razars lars?i dont know if i wanna get spider-tracs again they wore out kinda quick,of course the smoke shows and donuts on tar didnt help any lol..not sure what i want to try next maybe the razars..have you tried the razar2's?im sure a 6ply will basically eliminate body roll?how much bummper will it be?and im wondering what the weight difference is?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i have run the 4 ply razrs. i got some now im not runnin em but its a pretty awesome tire in my opinion. as far as the rough-ness in the ride it just all depends on where u ride at. i guess most people i know run 4 ply razrs for one there cheeper and 2 they work awesome. the only thing i didnt like about the razrs is there 20 inch tire looks like someone elses 21 or 22. and i dont like a bulky lookin tire. but the itp holeshots 20s are pretty close to a true 20. and hook up pretty awesome also.alot of people sware by this tread design. its all personal preference i guess. the razrs and the holeshots bite real good on anything it seems like. its just that my quad works real good in the trails hooks up nice and with the razrs or holeshots the back end grabs at times and wants to jerk ya if your takin turns hard like i do [:D] they got real awesome side bite i just like to play alittle and slide into the corners but if the terrain is alittle muddy then i will run my razrs hope this helps you ken [8D]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts