Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
next winter I'm getting a new sled I have a 2002 polaris xcsp 500 And doesn't have enough power I'm looking to start saving up for a 600 or 700 i will have atleasr 3,000 to 4,000
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay shifts are a maybe what about a iqr with a 600 motor swap are they as a ***** to keep running as the 440's? and what about a pro x 600
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
any race sled is going to be a ton of maintinence, and they are not at all meant for trail riding, a consumer pro-x 600 is a good sled, but stay away from any conversion sleds, most are pretty cobbled together, you do not want someone elses problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,011 Posts
xcsp_rider said:
thanks and im looking into a 04 pro x 600 or 700 if i cant find one i will try to get a shift
I guarentee you would enjoy a shift 100 x's more than a pro-x. I 've owned a pro-x and a few sleds in the IQ chassis and there is no comparison.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
xcsp_rider said:
thanks and im looking into a 04 pro x 600 or 700 if i cant find one i will try to get a shift
I guarentee you would enjoy a shift 100 x's more than a pro-x. I 've owned a pro-x and a few sleds in the IQ chassis and there is no comparison.
X2, if you really want to learn how to wrench on a sled buy an iqr. The iq 600 would be perfect. Plenty of power, and rides on rails.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya but i dont now abput the iqr conversions probally gunna evvest money on a shift and maybe get like a iq or assualt hood and put it on to make it look like one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,931 Posts
I would look for a shift.. Or even a 04-05 rev 600. Unless you like to jump and ride hard stay away from the IQr's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,016 Posts
I wouldn't completely cut out the IQR. My bro's is just fine on the trails. It's pretty comfortable and it actually goes a decent amount of miles with the 4 gallon tank. His is an 08 IQR 600. They say to run it on 93+ but we've been running it on 91 with no problems for 200 miles. His is very stable and stays planted to the ground unless you want to stand it up! I would still go for a shift, but then again, I rode the regular IQ up north and it pretty much sucked. Pretty tippy and pushed like a mother trucker in the turns.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,931 Posts
^^You're Right. The IQr can be fine on trails it just takes some revalving with the shocks. I still have all race valving and its a work out riding on trails. But if you hit ditches or any rough stuff its awesome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Needmosnow said:
sledneck1978 said:
xcsp_rider said:
thanks and im looking into a 04 pro x 600 or 700 if i cant find one i will try to get a shift
I guarentee you would enjoy a shift 100 x's more than a pro-x. I 've owned a pro-x and a few sleds in the IQ chassis and there is no comparison.
X2, if you really want to learn how to wrench on a sled buy an iqr. The iq 600 would be perfect. [highlight=yellow]Plenty of power[/highlight=yellow], and rides on rails.
I can get my hands on a 2000 XCR 800 VES $2300.00 in GREAT condition. Just so you know.[thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im looking for a newer model polaris i will do some look pretty sure the 600rr are to much money and the shift feel goo riding
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,166 Posts
PolarisIndySKS said:
I wouldn't completely cut out the IQR. My bro's is just fine on the trails. It's pretty comfortable and it actually goes a decent amount of miles with the 4 gallon tank. His is an 08 IQR 600. They say to run it on 93+ but we've been running it on 91 with no problems for 200 miles. His is very stable and stays planted to the ground unless you want to stand it up! I would still go for a shift, but then again, I rode the regular IQ up north and it pretty much sucked. Pretty tippy and pushed like a mother trucker in the turns.
You must have ridden a poorly setup IQ then. I think most people would agree with me that they're awesome sleds. I have a 07 IQ 600 and absolutely love it. Very quick and the front suspension is amazing. I will say they are different to ride when going from an older chassis, but once you learn how to ride the IQ you would love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,450 Posts
xcsp_rider said:
next winter I'm getting a new sled I have a 2002 polaris xcsp 500 And doesn't have enough power I'm looking to start saving up for a 600 or 700 i will have atleasr 3,000 to 4,000
2004 Polaris Pro-X2 700. or an 07 IQ 600
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top