Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Cans do not add any performance.
The only thing a can will do is make noise, and it is really your prefernce on what you like.
My personal favourite is an MBRP race can.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
My recomendation if your gona do a can is just do a full system and get an SLP

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I got a Sno stuff rumble pack I'll sell ya that will fit your sled. $125 +shipping. PM me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGlPHP9WTB8

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I agree with everyone. Dodgetruck2 hit the head on the nail. My SLP on my 02 Edge 800 sounded sweet.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've got an SLP can on my sled, good sound not too loud, the pipe makes a difference in sound and hp too. My friend has an M6 with full SLP which sounds really good.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
MBRP Race can sound the best, then Super-Q are #2.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yeah i like the tone of the Super-Q, i wonder just how loud it is though...

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I don't advocate the use of noisy cans on trails as they will get them shut down if you annoy land owners.

But, the dynoport sound pretty darn good.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Bames said:
From MBRP, the Trail can is still much louder than stock,the Race can, is ALOT louder than stock. From Skinz, the Ultra-Q is a little louder than stock, not irrational, but a nice deep throaty tone, The Super-Q, is quieter than the MBRP race can, but still much louder than stock sound levels, but also has a NICE deep throaty rumble at low rpm's but quite the screamer when 6500+ rpm.

·
Registered
848 Posts
jesse500 said:
Bames said:
From MBRP, the Trail can is still much louder than stock,the Race can, is ALOT louder than stock. From Skinz, the Ultra-Q is a little louder than stock, not irrational, but a nice deep throaty tone, The Super-Q, is quieter than the MBRP race can, but still much louder than stock sound levels, but also has a NICE deep throaty rumble at low rpm's but quite the screamer when 6500+ rpm.
Do you know how an Ultra-Q would compare to an SLP? I may have to try them out if I ever wanted a little different sound - I have never heard one or anyone that has one personally, and I like to be original [8D]. The way that you described them sounds like how my cousins TNT (e-tec 600) sounds with a jaws can.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I don't know how everyone can say SLP cans sound [thumb]AWESOME[thumb]. IMO they sound basically stock except when you are creeping along they have a little more aggressive tone. If it weren't for the HP gain of the pipe and the fact a pipe built for a SLP can wont fit a Sno-Stuff can i wouldn't have one. I personally like my sled to have good HP and sound like it to.

And if you are some-what responsible with you throttle a can wont hurt anyone. just keep it down through town and when riding past someones house. Its that moron everyone knows that has to blip their throttle at the gas station then and can it and then wail on the brakes as they leave and when they ride through town and past landowners homes that close trails.

And as far as the best sounding can I really like Rumble Packs. They arent as loud in the mid range as MBRP's and are basically the same at WOT.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Dekk70 said:
I don't know how everyone can say SLP cans sound [thumb]AWESOME[thumb]. IMO they sound basically stock except when you are creeping along they have a little more aggressive tone. If it weren't for the HP gain of the pipe and the fact a pipe built for a SLP can wont fit a Sno-Stuff can i wouldn't have one. I personally like my sled to have good HP and sound like it to.

And if you are some-what responsible with you throttle a can wont hurt anyone. just keep it down through town and when riding past someones house. Its that moron everyone knows that has to blip their throttle at the gas station then and can it and then wail on the brakes as they leave and when they ride through town and past landowners homes that close trails.

And as far as the best sounding can I really like Rumble Packs. They arent as loud in the mid range as MBRP's and are basically the same at WOT.
I like the sound of my SLP can, if your not messing around with the throttle then it could be pulled off as a stock can, which i like (it's against the law to modify your exhaust in ME if it increases loudness). But if you have MBRP/SnoStuff; not so much. I would like for my sled to be louder but in my area, and with my luck, i would get at least one ticket every season. Wardens around here are like the town cops, wicked bad and unnecessary, WICKED UNNECESSARY. That's why I have SLP. I would like to have a louder sled, but in my area it doesn't make sense really.

And you're right, its that idiot that ruins it for all of us, it's also that grandma that calls the cops over every little thing. Last year there was a yellow doo with a loud exhaust that was carving on the opposite side of the road, right off the trail, to this old lady's house. He left and then my group went through about 10 min later, and my friend who was riding behind me had an older ski doo that was yellow mostly but was totally different, with a stock can. After a couple minutes he wasn't behind us so i turned around only to see some woman yelling on her porch at him (right next to the trail), he was wondering "wtf was going on with this lady" and then he just left because she wouldn't stop yelling at him. Most people don't have consideration for others, and that goes for the people outside the sport too, the trail was not on her property.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Slp, mbrp, sno stuff and jaws are the best in my opinion.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Bames said:
indyrider15 said:
Slp, mbrp, sno stuff and jaws are the best in my opinion.
As opposed to?
Whatever... he asked what would be the best can for a 2002 edge x 700 and i said my best.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The only can worth putting on that sled is the SLP. A little louder than stock, lighter, and won't rob horsepower. Probably won't gain any horsepower either, but most cans rob horsepower.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts