Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, what do you think is the best ditchbangen' sled out there? Take into consideration reliability. I don't think a racers comp Snopro with 99 hp is going to be reliable.

My choice would be a 2003 Prox 600. Hands down. What do you think?

AKA, indy500 or XCR800_has_balls

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
why wouldnt a sno pro be reliable??

neway, an F5 or F7 maybe, ProX 600 sounds good too...

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I agree on the pro x but heres a few noone would think of. 1981 INDY txl 340 1981 Centuriun 500 and ofcourse my 1983 Indy 600 with a big bore kits triple pipes and clutched makes one hell of a ditch banging sled now this year ill be on a 03 pro x 800

Bobby
My wife said its Her or the sleds........ I'm sure gonna miss her

Stop Inbreeding....... Ban country Music

·
Registered
134 Posts
i think that a sno pro is a good ditch bangen sled....polaris i cant say much about'em never really driven one...but i think arctic cats are realiable and good ditch pickles....or rotten ditch pickles....those are the black cats

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I am forced to agree with AC-guy, the F6 & F7's look like they would take a pounding and keep on screaming, plus ditch-bang'n require a light nimble sled, and the Firecats have that in spades. I think the Pro X and Rev would be a close 2nd and 3rd though.
In my humble opinion.

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have a 2002 Pro X 440 fan and that thing can take a serious beating.Where I live there are no groomed trails, tons of moguls and drifts, brooks to cross, lots of rugged terrain.The lightwight feel of the fan makes it ideal in the woods too_OF COURSE, given the choice , I'd have a Pro X 700.I just ain't got that kind of dough.

my brain hurts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mean, that i don't think the racers comp. sno pro 440 would be reliable. Pulling 99 HP out of a 440 is a feat in itself. With twin pipes and all, i would think they would be very finicky and very picky about temp. and all those things that racers have to take into condisderation. Other wise. The best balls to the walls, light weight sled for low and midrange i would have to take a Prox 440(liquid) or the sno pro. But just not reliable to take on a long ride somewhere or on a trip. I don't think anyway.

AKA, indy500 or XCR800_has_balls

·
Registered
304 Posts
My ideal sled for ditch banging woudl be either a xc 700 or a xcr 800 got to have the horse power. However a prox 600 would be sweet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
How about a Pro X 700 with optional Walker Evans Shocks. 700 for some extra snot and the shocks to pound your brains out with. If the F7 is everything its supose to be, thats going to be one tough sled to beat. And I love the red, white and blue Polaris Star.

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
guys....i think i gots the perfect ditch bangin sled......my zr580....its got fox racing shocks....belly pan....new springs...and woodys studs (96....and enough horse to get me goin and be fast as hell.....and she never stops a purring either.....so im happy as hell with my ditch bangin sled....

ARTIC CAT....my way to play

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Well guys here are my thoughts about this:

From Polaris we have the Pro-X sleds
From Ski-Doo we have the Rev
From A/C we have the FireCats
From Yammi, i would say that one is still up for debate

This is a plain and simple approach to this...there are more things to consider before buying other than the ditch-banging ability. Engine sizes, other types of rideing such as trails and lakes, and now even riding position is out there to consider.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Well if they live up to their reputation, I'd have to go with a REV 600 H.O. If they can hold up to the abuse that ditch-baning puts on them, sounds like they'd take the show. What with that new riding style and their centralized mass and all. We'll see this winter!

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
if your gonna ditch bang you don't need a 600, much less an 800.

Personally, I'm scared shitless at 75mph in the ditch, and a 440 can do that. For a ditch banger, you want a light sled, with a great suspension.

I personally witnessed a 02 Z440 sno-pro (fan) beat a few 440 (l/c) and a zr500 (epi clutch kit), and a zr600. the only sled that would beat it was a 02 MXZX. We were very impressed. Although it didn't have much to offer past 65-70mph. Then the other sleds caught up to it. If you hit 70mph in the ditch, i should remind you that you are not allowed to ride in the right of way of a interstate :)

I agree with the other's selections of the F5 and F7, and the consumer sno-cross sleds. they are decent, and if taken care of properly, will last. You neglect them though, and they will bite you in the ass.

-Dean

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nobody said Renegade or SKS? What's up? Longer track, deeper lug...for the powder ya know?! And still good on trails. I think that a Renegade 600 HO through 800 would be sweet. But all the sleds we have now work great for ditch bangin. Like to see how a REV is too HEHE. But right now, I think a Renegade, followed by SKS (hey, I'm a Ski-Doo boy) would be the best.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

·
Registered
160 Posts
I like the Rev, but it would take me a while to get use to riding one. I'm not planning on selling my highmark for a rev yet. :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
My dad ordered a REV, not sure if he's gonna get one though. They are nice though...seems the seating would be really sweet...sat on em, and they're really nice.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I watched those modified REV's at a couple snocross races, and they were very impressive. It looked very solid, and somewhat easy to race on from a viewer's standpoint. However, the driver's deserve most of the credit ( like Blair ), so that might have alot to do with it.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
The Rev looks like a great ditchbanger, or snocrosser, but wouldn't want to sit hunched up like that on an all day tour, or if your like me you go up north and spend 3 straight days cruising the endless miles of northern Saskatchewan trails, can you tell I can't wait.

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well, from a ditchbanger and hardcore trail riders view...the REV's seating position is perfect. You might think it'd be uncomfortable...but I'm willing to bet your back wouldn't hurt nearly as much by the end of the day.

The Sled I Ride

1 - 20 of 27 Posts