Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've given my new Polaris helmet to my wife! It is just too noisey at high speeds with the low Pro X windshield.
Now I need a new one. I like the modular designs and am leaning towards the Bombardier helmet. Any comments? How about the new Bombardier modular?
I like the looks and performance of the open face helmets with goggles but I'm thinking they might be a little cool on those late night or 250 mile days.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I like the HJC Symax helmet. It is modular. But the doo helmet is fartherout looking. I have a HJC C-12 full face it's been good to me so far.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have had a couple of Bieffe helmets and would Not recommend them. The fit and finish seems to have gone down hill a little. I am looking for something else as well now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have bieffe full face red and silver, its pretty new, they are not top of the line but they get the job done. Blunt truama makes them kinda...explode all over the place... Specially when its 10 below out.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Here's mine it's a KBC TK7, I really like it, I got it last year, and I got the heated visor, but haven't had to plug it in yet, and I've used it in -40, and it doesn't make a lot of noise at hight speeds, well not as much as my old one. You can get them at a really good price at Royal Distributing.

/snofan/../images/users/ZRT 600/Helmet 5 For Internet.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ZRT600, I've got a HJC full face too but I'm looking for a new modular one that is as comfortable and quiet as the HJC in your picture.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
dennis kirk has a agv i think it is modular style 179.00 its the blizzard model. it looks decent like 4 color choices with graphics anyone got this one or any know about it. it is 100.00 dollars cheeper then the hjc symax.[:D]

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have the Polaris Bell helmet that matches my sled.Special Edition Kevlar.It's light wieght and warm[:)].

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
CL-14 is a great helmet from HJC, the skidoo modular ones are good nice, but they arnt any warmer than the CL-14. My friends who wear the skidoo helmets sometimes get the frozen shut on their face and cant get them off, and the air passages get clogged up.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have got SD modular, good Helmet only i bit heavy, after all day riding the neck is .....
I can't feel it [:(]

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I would HIGHLY recommend the HJC line of closed face helmets.
I ride with a Fly open face, googles, and a polaris balkava(spelling). I ride in MN with temps getting down to -15 to -20 and stay very warm. There certainly is more noise, but at the same time I see that as a positive for knowing what is going on around me. You also have more peripheral(spelling) vision with an open face.

I would NOT recommend the modular helmets. They offer very little facial protection in an accident. The construction of the whole face shield just begs to collapse if hit head on. With a normal closed face you have a solid piece protecting the helmet from collapsing.

Hey Ripperd if you read this tell him what they call Modular Helmets ;-)

·
Registered
380 Posts
>>>They offer very little facial protection in an accident. The construction of the whole face shield just begs to collapse if hit head on. >>>With a normal closed face you have a solid piece protecting the helmet from collapsing.

That's a good point, but don't forget that our neck is a 'weakest link' in that scenario.
Another thing: some people wear glasses and wearing a modular helmet is only one option for them.
does anyone know, if there are any special helmets made for drivers which wear glasses?

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Traveller, They actually make a great mask for people with glasses. I used to where only glasses. I will find a link as I bought mine 3 years ago. I think it is called the Target Hepp Air Mask. It has a rubber mask inside the neoprene that seals around your nose and mouth. the mask has a one way valve in front for incoming air and then a chute out the bottom that the air goes out when you exhale. It worked excellent for me. Since switching to contacts though, riding is a whole new ball game.

Although you are correct about your neck being the weak link, if you do a full body dismount into something and your whole body hits it, It will be your face that takes a brunt of the impact.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Thanks Aspin :) You are learning quickly.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Just as a note, I myslef wear glasses, and I bought the ski-doo "high-end" modular which at the time was $400, and it does work great with glasses, as long as you keep changing the inside moisture pad. As for how it protects.........well at the end of last season I tool an approach at 90 and made my face work like a break[B)] I was very disapointed in that my helmet literaly locked-up and I could not open it. When you just finished the toss I took the first thing I wanted was air, and to uncover my face and it took a lot of pulling to get that thing off! Just my experience.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I went to shoeders marine and baught an hjc helmet..I had 2 problems with it within the first week..a little piece on the side broke off which was probably my fault! 2nd. the visor got messed up so it was all foggy! but other then that i think there really good quality!! Go with HJC! SAFTEY FIRST![:p]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts