Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's gettin close to winter, so I've got a few things on my "to buy" list for my '02 600 polaris edge x. I do mostly lake riding and some trail riding, including a lot of lake drags in the 800'-1000' range. which of the following products would you recommend? PLUS, does anyone have any sites that offer more competitive pricing over retail? Thanks for the help.

Pipes:
either a SLP S/B powerblast twin pipes: 10-12 hp gain at $549
or SLP chubby single pipe: deeper throatier sound, 8 hp gain $399 (hp gains are according to SLP specs)
For $150 less i would only lose around 2-4 hp off the twins...

Clutching:
hypershift clutch kit for $199? I've also heard good things about Heel clicker clutch kits..suggestions?

Reeds: Vforce 3's seem to be advertised more, and are $258, while Boyeson radvalves are claimed to beat vforces (on their site) and cost $10 more. anyone with personal experience with Boyeson reeds?

Gearing, suggestions?
Like I said, I tend to race in around the 800-1000' range on the lake, and am looking for a better holeshot, and of course having a little more horsepower or top end doesn't hurt either. Any suggestions? you can also reach me on AOL ScotteSmooth. Thanks again!

·
Registered
115 Posts
My parts supplier tried the slp twin pipes on a 00 600 xcsp and both on the dyno and his stalker radar gun, he couldn't beat stock. Take that for what its worth. He is a good grass dragger. I would recomend thunder shift weights. I put them on my 00 600 and love them. The tuneability is awesome. You can get alot farther doing your own clutching then buying a kit. Vforce reeds are a good buy but I don't anything about boyeson. I think stock 600s run about mid 80s on trail studs in 1000ft so that is what you would want to gear for (unless your running ice picks). Of course you won't be able to run stock class with reeds or pipes. I'll look up the gear ratio in my service manual.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info on the twin pipes.
and no picks, i'm running 144 woody's 60 degree gold traction masters, 1.175 if i remember right($120 for it all, w/backing plates too), actually have a hook up through the owner of Woody's...their headquarters is about 10 miles from my house :D
anyway, thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts