Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best way to have a limiter strap set for climbing, i have a 144'' track with a 136'' suspension rolled back with a 8'' big wheel kit.

·
Super Moderator
11,283 Posts
I usually keep my front and rear straps as loose as they will go, keeps the skis on top of the snow will maintaining a good ride.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Loose as they will go. Just remember limiter Straps lighten the front end by allowing the front torque arm to fully extend taking pressure of the front (skis) but only during acceleration.

·
Registered
901 Posts
is there any negatives to having the limiter strap loosened all the way. i currently have mine set in the middle but would like to be able to pull the skis up in the powder a little better

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine now is up all the way, it trenches bad then i get stuck

·
Registered
577 Posts
Originally posted by xcjunkie
[br]is there any negatives to having the limiter strap loosened all the way. i currently have mine set in the middle but would like to be able to pull the skis up in the powder a little better
Having them loosened all the way will let the front of the track push down and take weight off the ski's. This should help with powder riding.... but for trail riding it could put you in the bush!

Right now you problably have some good bite (steering) accelerating into and through a corner. The tighter straps are keeping the front track from pushing down. When you loosen them, it will make your skis not bite as hard and your steering lighter. If you are not ready for it, you will miss that corner, come out to wide...and hopefully there is no tree there.

As for the trenching...wish i could share 2 cents for ya. My deep powder riding is limited. Maybe try a smaller hill [:p]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bad idea, loosened it up all the way, could climb worth a **** today, i like it up as tight as it can more flotatio from better approach angle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts