Snowmobile Fanatics banner

BEST SLED FOR A CHICK ?????

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  FrozenSmile 
#1 ·
Wife wants a new sled next season.Her current sled is a 99 Formula Z 500.I have a 02 mxz 700.She said she wants a 700 class sled,but I think a 600 will do just fine.I have an open mind about the brands.The Doo Legend sounds pretty nice.She also rode a ZL and liked it very much.Just looking for input before her and I make a choice.

#3 ·
It might be that I'm partial to Cats but.....
The ZL 600SS ESR seems like it would be ideal for a woman. Electric start, reverse, fuel injection and the new smart ride electronically controlled rear suspension.

Maybe I should sell Cats, I think I know more about their products than most of the sales people I've talked to.... LOL

RtkatZL8
2001 ZL800
Delta IIs
Power Breather

Creek beds don't make good brakes!

MBRP Silencer

#5 ·
no no no sno if he finds a chikc that can handle that he has to give her my number! But Rtk right i think. THe ZL SSs are nice sleds. My dad's friend bought his wife a 800. He rode it most of the week when we went riding :). His is more of a race sled though so you can't blame him. ANd no he didn't make her ride the race sled she wasn;t there.

#6 ·
It sounds like you're open to all brands and price ranges as well. I'd at least have her take a look at the new Viper. My brother bought one for his girlfriend and said they work well for woman because they have such a broad power band. He says it's fun for him to hop on it and go for a trail ride as well, although he much prefers the speed of his SRX. The sleds you have listed are all very nice and I'm sure she'd love any of them. And insurance would be less for a 600. But I know that if my wife said she wanted a 700, that is exactly what she would have. Because if anything went wrong with what I recommended, I'd never hear the end of it. At any rate, enjoy the MXZ! Although I am kind of a Polaris man, the MXZ's and Vipers are making me seriously question my fidelity.

#7 ·
Let her ride yours and if she likes it get her one. My cousins wife had a Polaris 500 and she burned up the motor 3 times keeping up with our 700s. Now she rides a 2001 Edge X 600 and has the fastest machine, the ones we ride now are mountain machines. She can ride, last year she ran the Iron Dog with us; 1100 mile is about 42 hours.

Snowmachining is not a thing to do - its a way of life

#11 ·
I met a guy that recommended getting the wife something equal to, or better, than whatever you're riding. The reason, and this is not meant to bash women, but the reality is most women do not ride as aggressively as men. They need more power to compensate for this, which allows them to follow the pack and keep up, without getting pissed about getting stuck, etc. Good suspension is important too. You don't want her getting played out early! Just one guys opinion (who happened to be travelling with his wife, who, btw, agreed with his theory).

#12 ·
Well i would say that a 600 is plenty for anyone. Most people buy sleds bigger than they actually need, (but its fun owning the big ones isnt it?
) i would suggest the 600 Polaris Classic with the M-10 suspension, electric start and reverse. Only reason i suggest the polaris is due to the M-10 suspension. Otherwise any 600 cc sled would probably work great.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

#13 ·
it all depends on what kind of riding she does the most of, buy her a sled that fits her riding style, as for power since she is a women chances are she weighs a good deel less than the average male sleds are designed around. put her on a new 600xcsp with m-10 and you'll probably have your hands full keeping up with her. my sister borrowed my sled for a trip this last weekend and she absolutely loved the ride. she said the ride quaulity and handling really gave her the confidence to ride hard in the trails. and as for power my brother in law raced an mxz700 with it and won 3 of 4 times. also i recommend electric start and reverse, it will save you some trouble and keep her out of trouble when you're not around.

#17 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by snowman:

it all depends on what kind of riding she does the most of, buy her a sled that fits her riding style, as for power since she is a women chances are she weighs a good deel less than the average male sleds are designed around. put her on a new 600xcsp with m-10 and you'll probably have your hands full keeping up with her. my sister borrowed my sled for a trip this last weekend and she absolutely loved the ride. she said the ride quaulity and handling really gave her the confidence to ride hard in the trails. and as for power my brother in law raced an mxz700 with it and won 3 of 4 times. also i recommend electric start and reverse, it will save you some trouble and keep her out of trouble when you're not around.

[/quote]
Just to let you know The new 600xcsp has edge suspension. 2000 was the last year for the m10 on the 600xcsp.

btw. What yr was the polaris and the skidoo?

Edited by - XC_600 on 06 Jan 2002 21:16:10

#18 ·
in response to yer response XC600, i think you have m-10 and xtra10 confused as m-10 skid was available as a $300 premium when you snowcheck. this skid is manufactured by "FAST" and is not configured like the edge skid made by polaris. as for the race the mxz was a stock(i think)01, my xcsp is an02 with proper needle and main jetting and an MBRP race can.

#19 ·
I know if my girl had her way she'd be on a '02 Viper ER.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.