Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the best sled for doing jumps between 1997 and 2000?

I'm curious cause I want to get a new sled possibly.

·
Registered
901 Posts
arctic cat sno-pro is prolly one of the best jumpers from that time era

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Polaris 440 XCR. Polaris always had the toughest sleds. They used to have a saying, "we race what we sell and we sell what we race".

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Originally posted by tonyisnt
[br]
Originally posted by prox420
[br]Why would they have to be babied??
Because race sleds are made weak for all the beating they endure during a race......

[:D]
They are made stronger not weaker!!!! They are reinforced in all the weak spots! Fit and finish is not as nice as production sled though! 2000 Sno Pro is the best for those years. Just watch any older video or any race from then and you will see the cats ruled!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Originally posted by Achotrod
They are made stronger not weaker!!!! They are reinforced in all the weak spots! Fit and finish is not as nice as production sled though! 2000 Sno Pro is the best for those years. Just watch any older video or any race from then and you will see the cats ruled!
Yeah...that was definitely sarcasm [:)]

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Any race sled from that era. Ac had the best racers not necessarly the best sleds.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Originally posted by Octane
[br]Polaris 440 XCR. Polaris always had the toughest sleds. They used to have a saying, "we race what we sell and we sell what we race".
'll beleive it when i see it.a family friend whos 18 or 19 plew 4 motors out of a 99 polaris 440. he was so pissed that he bought a pro-x 440 same problems race sleds dont make good trail sleds.imo

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by v-maxsledder
[br]
Originally posted by Octane
[br]Polaris 440 XCR. Polaris always had the toughest sleds. They used to have a saying, "we race what we sell and we sell what we race".
'll beleive it when i see it.a family friend whos 18 or 19 plew 4 motors out of a 99 polaris 440. he was so pissed that he bought a pro-x 440 same problems race sleds dont make good trail sleds.imo
I'm calling bs on 3-4 engines unless he was racing them. He must have been a piss poor tuner. The 440 is one the the toughest engines out there, take it apart you will see.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
go cat, you wont regret it. Then when you are flying high post pics

1 - 17 of 17 Posts