Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone what do yous all think is the best trail riding sled ever and what year and what type for around 3 grand with lower miles on it!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey I think an indy 500 is the best trail riding sled. The 01's and 02's have edge chassis, plus they have great power. I know I have one. good luck

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
wow if this isn't the most general and lacking of information thing around. Well under 3 grand is specific. I can't say for that much. How do you ride? Aggresive or calm and cruising?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agressive hey sorry man if im askin a question if your gona be cocky about it than dont reply, got it! im just tryin to get your advice on it cause ive never seen this topic on here before OK!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
And I am just trying to say that the best sled is a person by person thing. This model year I would say the two best are the Viper and ZR 800. Others would prolly(some definetally) disagree. I was also saying that you provided no info about yourself(other than how much you wish to spend) to help others decide what would make a good sled for you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
my friend owns it!
Fast Inc production # 007
My buddy bought the first FAST inc released to the public. It was shipped to him right from the Snowmobile magazine photo shoot! Looks like an alien vehicle!
IMHO- The best sled is the one you can almost afford!hehehe
For 3K ide go mid 90's polaris or ski doo! Find a deal and have cash on hand.
good luck

91 polaris indy 650 RXL EFI

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
you mean a Blade? not a Fast inc. it is called a blade. I hate them myself. They look too tall and when you sit on them they feel too tall as well.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by XCR_600_TRIPLE:

Hey everyone what do yous all think is the best trail riding sled ever and what year and what type for around 3 grand with lower miles on it!!!

[/quote]
To me, i would say it is the indy 500. It rides nice on trails, is liquid cooled and very reliable. It has been around for over 10 years. Magazines claim that the engine is the most widely produced snowmobile motor ever built, in terms of numbers made. I had a 90' indy 500, and the thing was bullet proof (not literally). I could run it full throttle for as long as i want, and it never stopped. Even if it did overheat, i just let it cool down and it would run like a champ again. Good power for a beginner, and fairly light. 6000 miles, and nothing major but a new water pump. I wished now i never sold it. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have never ridden one, but I have heard the same thing, that the Indy 500 is the best trail sled around.

89 Cougar 500 w/Rev
88 Saffari 377
89 Saffari Saga 377

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I've heard that Indy 500 are good sleds for trail riding. I have also heard that MXZ's from the mid 90's aren't bad either. I guess it depends on what you want in your sled.

Tree's don't make the greatest brakes...

·
Registered
278 Posts
The Fuji 488 in the Indy's might be bullet proof, but..... it kind of lacking in power.
For about 3K you could get a 97 or so ZRT600 or ZR600.
That's just my opinion but I've always been impressed with the power of Cat's baby tripple.
A friend has a 2000 Indy 500 and it can't keep up with my old 88 ElTigre 6000 with a 529 Suzuki!

RtkatZL8

Edited by - rtkatzl8 on 02 Dec 2001 08:35:43

·
Registered
311 Posts
For the price you are talking Not the best sled on the trails today. I will have to say though for $$ you will get the best quality ride out of a indy 500. The cat is nice power wise but not quite the same comfort on the trail. Depending on what trail too but for most trails you still won't open up a 500 all the way.

"Meaningless Ride"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts