Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
blew a belt running the river yesterday, was 3 years old but not many miles in those 3 years, got me thinkin though who makes best belt? since im in the market anyways lol

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
There is no comapny that makes the "best belt" All have companys their high proformance belt. Personnally i like the ultimax XS. It was a real strong long lasting belt for the price. I am running a dayco XTX now. Still a good belt but again personnaly i would go back to the XS. Bomby, cat and polaris all make betls, ive never used cat or polaris belts but i know bombardiers belt are WAAAAAAAAAAAY over priced and i would never buy one.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Any time you switch belt brands, you'll need to adjust the clutch. Don't think you can just change and go.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I had to ajust my clutch for my dayco belt. Your ajusting your secondairy to fit the belt better so it sits in there perfect. Sometimes its to tight which will make the sled roll a bit at idle. Or if its too loose it might not engage properly. Finding the correct ajustment for your belt will enhance your belts life and performance.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what is the correct settin for the secondary? i always just made sure belt sits a hair bit over the top of secondary.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
There should be the correct amount of belt deflection...

The manual for your sled will specify the correct amount, and how to set it.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
The manual for your sled will specify the correct amount, and how to set it.
Probly for the stock belt. The aftermarket belt will tell you on the packaging.

·
Registered
718 Posts
i've used polaris oem's on mine. lasted three to four years now. had the ultimax 3 on there too for long. pretty tough. i tow a 'sled' with meat, pack ice with it, also tow other snowmachines if i have to. had no problems.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
im using a polaris Kevlar belt i purchased this year, have over 1500 miles on it, and yet no problem at all... check to see if you maybe can find a Kevlar belt for your sled? you do pay more upfront but imo its worth it....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts