Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of recent events (The theft of my sled) I am looking for the BEST track lock available, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
P.S. I got my sled back.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I personally use a plastic coated cable and a nice large paddalock. I either lock it 2 something or run the cable through a few track holes and then to suspension parts.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'd be worried about them just going WOT and F&^%$# everything up!

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
If they want it bad enough they will take it anyways.

Usually they are looking for the easy grab.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is why I wan't a track lock, because they are just looking for a easy ride here in town, they are not pros and there is no where to go if they do take it, just go for a joy ride. So a track lock is a good thing.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Originally posted by G-Man
[br]That is why I wan't a track lock, because they are just looking for a easy ride here in town, they are not pros and there is no where to go if they do take it, just go for a joy ride. So a track lock is a good thing.
in your case I think the simplest lock would work. But if you really wanted your sled locked up tight, Use a plastic coated cable 1/4 inch or bigger, and use that lock that has the bar on the inside of the body. ( cant take bolt cutters to it.) its an all flat round lock with about 1/2 inch notched out of it, and in that notch is the bar that opens to put the cable in. no brakin into that lack. would have to cut the cable witch is not easy.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
^^ my mom has that for her motorcycle. its about 3ft long and its about 1/2 inch chain with blue plasyic coating and no lock means thay cant cut it unless they go for the chain/coating with would be a biotch to cut

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome thanks guys, last night I found a 3/4 inch chain and an insanely huge padlock for my sled it takes up all the room in my seat storage and it weighs 35lbs. but hell I would not even try and break into that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts