Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my stock Polaris Xlt skis with a set of black/purple Simmons flexi skis a couple of years ago. It really improved the steering on the trail since it eliminated the "darting" following of the other snowmobiliers carbide runners grooves. Right now I am looking to upgrade my track since the lugs are quite worn down on my track. Its the stock 133.5 inch (0.82 inch lugs) and I heard that you need to put in a 136 inch track. I was wondering what track is best for mostly trail riding and some lake riding? I have looked at the Camoplast Ripsaw 136 inch 1.25 inch lug as a replacement. I am not looking to stud it since I live in Minnesota and that would limit me to riding only on the unpaved trails.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thinksno said:
Fully clipped Ripsaw or Predator.
Since I ride mostly trails should I get the 1.25 inch lug? I have looked under the tunnel and I seem to have pretty good clearance so 1.25 should not be a problem. Also when you cross roads after a while your track starts to wear down and an extra 0.25 inches of lug would be better than my mostly bald just over 1/2 inch lug track. My current track is quite worn since I have about 7000 miles on my machine. I looked at both tracks and the Ripsaw seems to have more finger type lugs and the Predator is more paddle like. Would the Ripsaw be less likely to slide out in the curves than the Predator?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts