Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks all for the invaluable tips. One more question. My Polaris has very dirty chain case oil which I am in the process of training through the plug. It has sludge, a bit of water... How can I flush the rest of this residue out? Should I pour through a gallon of chain case oil and let it waste out the other side? Should I use "engine flush" solvent type stuff? Or should I not worry about it, just add Amsoil and blow off the rest of the dirt that must be inside? Thanks again, you guys rule!
jetskijer

J E R

·
Registered
608 Posts
The best way to get the sludge out is to remove the cover and gears and wipe it all out. The crud that is settled in the bottom won't flush out.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Like Zack said then clean it down with brake cleaner and compressed air. Careful not to smoke or have any open flames near by, because its highly flamable. If you are getting water in there you should probably be changing the seals, most likely the one going to the tunnel on the driving shaft. Bearings should be checked also.

"tie wrap it wide open"

·
Registered
948 Posts
Sleddaver is right. Brake cleaner is best since it removes the oil and evaporates almost immediately with no residue.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
226 Posts
[purple]Make sure you adjust the chain tension while you're at it.[/purple][/font=Comic Sans MS]

[purple]Kimba466[/purple][/size=4][/font=Comic Sans MS]
[purple]Ride Safe[/purple][/font=Comic Sans MS]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts