Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to deep snow. Grew up powder sking deep snow know the tricks and tools i need for finding my gear when I throw a yard sale. I do not know how to get sled out fast safe and without wasting time and effort. Need help and advice so I can be prepared as I can when i sink my sled. Best tools. Tools that are a waste of $ and why. tools you would like but $$$$$ make it to much of a luxury for you. Looking for advice from simple roll your sled out to some fancy elertic winch you hook to a tree and pull them out. thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Shovel is the only tool you need. If you have a 2nd person have them pull on the ski loop while you blip the throttle and it should pop out. If you are alone tip the sled on its side and fill your trench in with packed snow and then tip it back up. If all else fails roll the sled completely over to get it out of the hole.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Stomp down the spot right beside where you are stuck.
Lift back of sled out of trench you just dug into what you just packed down.
Have whoever is riding with you pull ski while you hit the gas.

Oh ye. Turn the sled so that you are not starting uphill.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
There should never be a reason to lift the back end of a sled. Get on the gas and work on tipping it over on its side. Use your track as your shovel, once it is on its side, push some snow down into the trench and pack it in. Tip sled back over and have your buddy pull the ski loop as you give it some gas. If it is a newer sled pulling up and out on the ski loop will make the sled pop up and you are out.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Dig bigger trenches. You will find good reason to lift the back.
Especially when stuck in deep aimed straight up.
Roll it down the hill!

Havent lifted the back end of a sled in years. Would rather dig a shelf to roll the sled onto then try lift the ass end up...

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Dig bigger trenches. You will find good reason to lift the back.
Especially when stuck in deep aimed straight up.
Roll it down the hill!

Havent lifted the back end of a sled in years. Would rather dig a shelf to roll the sled onto then try lift the ass end up...

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Lift back of sled out of trench you just dug into what you just packed down.
Next time I am stuck like this I am calling you to come lift the ass end out of the trench :p. Will have to lift it up higher then your shoulders to get it back up top.
View attachment 366339

·
Registered
160 Posts
Snowbunji is a great tool! Silly as it sounds, I've learned a lot by watching YouTube videos; learning how to move the machine depending on how your stuck, e.g., up-hill, down-hill, etc. =-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts