Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys .. i was wondering what your opinions were on the best year rev ( not brand new ) and what model. I'm looking at getting one next year when i have some money again ( getting laid off sucks ) and i am not very familiar with them. I do a lot of trail riding ditch banding etc... i would like something with EFI not sure if they have them or not. what would u guys recommend?
Thanx!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
05 600 HO SDI MXZ not a bad sled in my opinion, I rode with a guy that had one last year. you'd probably want one with the adrenaline or renegade set up (suspension) if you are going to be doing somewhat aggressive riding. just my .02

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok ... now ppl have been talkin smack about the 03's .... any truth to it? something with the motor

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
03, 04, early release 05 600cc motors had ring problems. late production 05, 06, current have different rings. If you get an 03 or 04 just put Cudney Racing rings in it and don't worry.

The new 06 07 sleds have the sc4 suspension which was made for the rider forward chassis. Supposed to be even better than its predecessor.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Out of the 800s I belive the 04 800ho is the best for a few reasons... First it didnt have problems with pushing out crank seals like in 03 and 05 and 06 had PTEK which had a few more problems with blowing engines. Then 07 with the 800r there is a few cases of bad clutching and a bad crank.

For the 600 any model after 05 was great. No ring issues, good power, reliable, and not bad fuel economy. 03 and 04 of course had ring flaking or pitting but once fixed they were strong runners. Mine is for sure for a little 600. SDI is the way to go though if you are looking for a sled. Basicaly tuning free with great power and economy.

Chassis wise anything 05 until 07 had the sc4 suspension and the front end was lowered slightly. It is a huge difference in handling over the sc3.

·
Registered
140 Posts
the 05 mxz renegade 600ho sdi the suspension in them sucks up the whoops amazingly and the power will pull out of the powder. great overall sled

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Chassis wise anything 05 until 07 had the sc4 suspension and the front end was lowered slightly. It is a huge difference in handling over the sc3.

SC4 was only available in the 05 X models. The 800r engine is only available in the 07 summit adrenaline (or something0 model.

If you want to go 121-inch trail riding the mxz will do you fine, if you want a 136-in track the renegade offers that. I have a Gade and my friend has a 03 mxz. His sled feels much lighter than mine but when we put 275 miles on in a day, I'm a lot less beat than he is. I attribute that to the longer track.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
You two wanna get a room?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Originally posted by Offshore24
[br]Chassis wise anything 05 until 07 had the sc4 suspension and the front end was lowered slightly. It is a huge difference in handling over the sc3.

SC4 was only available in the 05 X models. The 800r engine is only available in the 07 summit adrenaline (or something0 model.

If you want to go 121-inch trail riding the mxz will do you fine, if you want a 136-in track the renegade offers that. I have a Gade and my friend has a 03 mxz. His sled feels much lighter than mine but when we put 275 miles on in a day, I'm a lot less beat than he is. I attribute that to the longer track.
Wasn't it the SC-10 III, then the SC4?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Yes, what's your point?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by extremesummerfilms
[br]
Originally posted by Offshore24
[br]Chassis wise anything 05 until 07 had the sc4 suspension and the front end was lowered slightly. It is a huge difference in handling over the sc3.

Wasn't it the SC-10 III, then the SC4?
my 05 mxz has a SC-III in it, not sure about the SC-10 III

1 - 14 of 14 Posts