Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at buying a f7 id like it to be a sno-pro with the fox full floats but i here that there are some years to stay away from id like a 05 or a 06 because of the suspension but i here the 05s are doggy is it true that the 03 is the fastest one they made just trying to get some info before i make up my mind.

·
Registered
633 Posts
'05 &'06 sno-pro's have the Full floats and Diamond Drive and the extra idler wheels, '03 &'04 sno-pro's have the zero-pro shocks and Chain drive. many say 03&04 are the fastest. but that's an on-going argument that'll probably never end. I don't see any BIG advantage to the full floats, actually think the Zero-pros are more user friendly. My honest opinion with the firecats is 03-06 you can't go wrong, pick a color/graphic scheme you like, and that should determine the year to buy

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
The one thing about the 03's is making sure they have had all the recalls done on them. Personally, I am a fan of the chaincase models. The diamond drive can get spendy if you have to replace things, not to mention you can usually find cheap Firecat gearing for the chain drives. Maybe I'm just bias from tearing apart chaincases a few times, so I know them in and out. The 03-04 models are chain drive, and the 05-06 models with reverse are also chain drive. Those are the ones I would look for, with the Snopro option.

JMHO of course...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didnt know that the 03-04 ones were chains and the 05 up were diamond drives i thought they were all diamond drives and the ones with reverse were chain that is some good info i think i heard of some problems with the diamond drives get to be very pricey

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
crums440 said:
i also heard the 07's are really fast to.
They did not make an F7 in 07...[|)]

·
Registered
10 Posts
i Love the fox floats on my crossfire 700 snowpro. You have a pump to add and remove air depending on the riding style that you are doing that day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Zackr said:
i Love the fox floats on my crossfire 700 snowpro. You have a pump to add and remove air depending on the riding style that you are doing that day.
The 04' f6 almost can run with an 03'f7, id go for the 04' f7, unless you like the '03 graphics better. had a '03 f7 up close to 120mph across a lake stock. probably can get 115mph on radar

1 - 11 of 11 Posts