Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can not hook up on th ice at all i have 196 studs on an 03 rx1 and am thinking if i get beat about getting a stage 2 turbo charger and if i can't hook up now how can i do it with 280 hose power please tell me. i get beat out of the hole all the time but i catch up and win so if u can tell me how to get better hook up out of the hole tell me

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
what size track and what size studs? will help with this post a little more. weight transfer is seriously needed. you have to play with the suspension a bit to make max trnsfer. but lets see what others say. post the track size and stud size will help us with the penitration and see if there is enough.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the track has a 1 in. lug cone design i belive with 1.175 in. studs. i got new track with 1.5 in lug six-pitch degisne.also got stud boy 1.622 in. studs. how many should i put in the track? (it is a short track)

·
Registered
614 Posts
You have a cone design which is the best for ice look in your manual and see what suspension setup gives you the best weight transfer to the rear (more pressure pushing down on track)

Pick it in whatever pattern gives you the best pattern on the ice a cone works best imo its up to you how many picks you want to use

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would change your track if your getting a turbo. Go with a 162 with 2 inch, unless your a trail rider, but as said above there are settings to get you the most hookup.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i want to get back into trail riding but idk if i want to with this sled.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i want to get back into trail riding but idk if i want to with this sled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts