Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jan 27th, I ripped my first ride of the season finally!

Sleds ran good, no malfunctions,and although we only put on about 55 miles, and the traffic was heavy, I'd have to say the trails were in pretty damn good shape all things considered.

Now, I'm off to Miami for a week[}:)] so please mother nature, crank up the lake effect machine so I've got some more to come home to next weekend[:D]

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Finally getting snow, and ya leave??? Gonna be back in time for the races?? No way do I touch the trails up thee on a weekend,lol, just found out the Hideaway was closed, and we were freezing

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ibreak:We headed out the lower Hollywood trail, through trail one, a quick stop at Little Safford Pond (I stayed on the trail.....not very trusting of water this season, what with all the warm weather & such) up Jericho T'pike, Doe Pond,to Big Moose Inn for a quick burger and back by trail 10.

Yes, Miami sux! Here on business.[xx(]I'll be back Thursday night pink, and yes, it's Murphy's law that we get decent conditions just as I am scheduled to head out. Like I said, with the traffic and all, trails were not too bad for the weekend, just gotta keep your eyes peeled wide open and pay attention to the fools[:D]
Ya, Big Moose Station is closed for the second year, and this year the Wayback Inn is closed too[:(]

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I'm still waiting for the "late" part!! With ZIP for snow I'm thinkin all I'm gonna see this year is the "never"!! [V]

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
That's one thing I can say for where I live. Although we rarely (these days) get enough to ride, I'm kinda in the middle of a few states. Going to Mi, Wi, or Ia isn't too bad. Especially since SWL MI got pounded! 2 hours away.

FYI I'm keeping a total of miles driven and gas used to get to the places to ride Vs. miles ridden on sled. It should make an interesting chart by the end of the season.

You're in Northern New York, right? My good friend's sister and new husband moved there a few years ago. He's been begging me to come out and ride with him. It's all they do in the winter. He says its amazing.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^Yup, pretty north in NY. Sleds are KING 'round these parts, ya oughta try heading up some time. Wherebouts your buddy just moved to?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by ultrastud
[br]I'm still waiting for the "late" part!! With ZIP for snow I'm thinkin all I'm gonna see this year is the "never"!! [V]
Start heading east......phone call home tonight informs me that Tug Hill is under severe winter weather advisory, they're calling FOUR FEET!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
like you said, better late then never, hope you have fun in miami

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Originally posted by RipnChick
[br]^^Yup, pretty north in NY. Sleds are KING 'round these parts, ya oughta try heading up some time. Wherebouts your buddy just moved to?
Actually it's my buddy's sister and her husband. I don't remember exactly where. Somewhere waaaaay up north. In the sticks as he says. I'm not going to make it this year but maybe next?

Bryan

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Originally posted by RipnChick
[br]
Originally posted by ultrastud
[br]I'm still waiting for the "late" part!! With ZIP for snow I'm thinkin all I'm gonna see this year is the "never"!! [V]
Start heading east......phone call home tonight informs me that Tug Hill is under severe winter weather advisory, they're calling FOUR FEET!
holy crap it gunna suck when u leave every one in new york is gunna be hitting the trails up there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts