·
Registered
9,619 Posts
u need that tundra avatar...like me...lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmmm....welll, you asked. First of all, fast does nothing for me...but get me hurt. Where we are there is a lot of opportunity for boondocking in the trees. 10' of powder and trees dont generally work as well with 800's. Riding vertical in gobs of powder is a blast on these things.
There are a couple guys with us that have 800's. Honestly, we get to 99.5% of the places they get and the places I cant get to....dont want to get to.
It is much more challenging on a Tundra than on a big sled......especially when you are going up. Side hilling is a must...eventually. If you can ride a Tundra effectively, you can ride just about anything. Mind you, they are not comfortable and when you are done for the day, you know it. For us to do 30 miles a day is a lot of ground covered.
139" track plus weighin something like 385# is quite nice. One of them is going to get an 1 1/2' paddle track next year.

When you bury an 800, a Tundra is much more fun to dig out.
Yes, I get the urge now and again....we then swap sleds for a while and I get the power urge over with.

That is just a few of the reasons. There are quite a few Tundras around here, it is surprising.

Tundra avatar....wooohooo!!!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Yeah...I'm with you, ultra-light, narrow, long track = lots of fun in the fluffy stuff.
What's in those 340 or 440 fans?

I've often wondered what my first sled, a '69 Olympic with a modern 550 fan would be like in the mountains, if that sled weighed 275 lbs, it was full of fuel.

It's not the size, it's how you use it.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
between the 3 of them they average to around 270cc...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL!!!
The one with the different decals is a 96 and the others are 2000 and 2002.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Beware the power you shall behold? good one,i was expecting to see some kind of steroid drivin fire breathing monster.

·
Registered
127 Posts
We saw one Friday,on Lone Pine trail north on Bergland,U.P..He was comeing up the hill (burp,burp),friend thought someting was wrong with it.Comes up,wearing coveralls and cameo gloves,asks if we are alright.Then he just disappears in the forest,going burp Burp.Told my freinds he is running his traplines.
Rich

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
some kind of steroid drivin fire breathing monster.
You mean they arent? :D

Burp, burp, brup....I love it!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts