Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got experience with big boring a 96 XCR 600? I have a buddy who wants to do it to his but not sure how big it can go. Doesn't want to change the bottom end. Just Pistons and cyl sleeves if possible. I think I've seen to 794cc. Can anyone confirm that?

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
www.hottogoracing.com I think they have up to a 900 don't quote me on that. Think that requires bottom end work though. I know they have an 800.

·
Registered
671 Posts
just get an 800 xcr top end. it sohuld bolt right up. my freind has got 2 600 bottom ends with 800 top ends. but get the top end with valves major difference

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
you can also try price perf. I like the idea of the xcr top ends. they are factory parts that you can easily get and are reliable. if it was my engine I would have the crank rebuilt and luquid or solid welded. it can save a huge headache and money down the road.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
if this was my project. and i was going to keep the sled for a long time. then it would be cheaper in the long run to buy a complete engine from price perf. or hotseat or psi.
by the time you buy the big bore set of pipes rebuild and weld the crank you will have a good chunk of change in it.
i would most deffinitly weld the crank. I have had experience with other sleds that start pushing gobs of power and the crank comes out of time.
the complete engine is problably cheaper in the long run. if you want to sell the sled you can put it back to stock and still have a big engine. also the engine is built ground up for the hp you want nothing is being overstressed, like hyping a stock engine.
just my thoughts.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts