Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Ok, now that that's over, please turn off your caps lock next time...unless you meant to be shouting that advice?!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The ski-doo dealer said its calls for br9es, are the ones with resistors br9ecs? thats what was in it, but it didnt help at all. What should we look for when pulling the reed cages out?

Changed the jetting in it today, it stop stalling out intermittinly, but still hesitates when hammered on.

While we had the airbox off, we lifted it up and ran it. It still hesitated when gassed. We took some wd- 40 and sprayed it directly into the carb and slammed on the gas and it took right off without hesitating. When it gets something directly to burn, it runs fine. Could this mean the needle and seats are bad or should I attempt to take the RAVE valves off and clean those. note i've never taken them apart and I dont want to mess anything up

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow, I'm so sorry I forgot to remove my cap lock.I had no idea your eyes were so sensitive.I can't believe the only contribution you could make was to complain about cap locks.I'll do my best from now on not to attack your sense of right and wrong and forget that I , unlike you, were trying to help a fellow sledder.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The reed blocks will be seperating at the v and possibly the reeds will not be closing. If the rubber around the block is comming apart you will need new blocks. V-Force saw the same issues with their 1's and even some of the 2's, so do not purchase these. So far the V-Force 3's are holding up so these are an option that are a little more money than stock , but the mid-throttle response is a whole lot better. The engine compression should be 150 psi or a little higher depending on the compression gauge. Always hold the throttle wide open when checking compression. I hope this helps you, oh yes, the BR9ECS or BP9ES are correct and should be gapped at .018" per Ski Doo manual.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm somewhat confused as to yours sleds current status. When you first got it, it hesitated and then ran great, and then it wouldn't go over 40. Now after rejetting, it just hesitates but is OK for top end response? Also, in an earlier post you said you had the RAVE valves apart, but in your last post you said you never took them apart?
Did you inspect the reed blocks as suggested by DR. Dale.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Originally posted by DALEKOVEN
[br]Wow, I'm so sorry I forgot to remove my [red]cap lock.[/red]I had no idea your eyes were so sensitive.I can't believe the only contribution you could make was to complain about [red]cap locks.[/red]I'll do my best from now on not to attack your sense of right and wrong and forget that [red]I , unlike you, were trying to help a fellow sledder.[/red]
It's called "Caps Lock."

Read all the replies in the topic before making assumptions about me regarding "helping a fellow sledder." Seems like the advice I suggested has helped some of Jokester's problems.

If all I did in my one reply was complain about your "cap lock"/"cap locks" hurting my sensitive eyes, how do you explain your post here?

How about we call it quits? Enough arguing. Just had to defend myself when you said I wasn't helping another. Thanks.

Now to the advice:
Jokester, you say as long as it has something to burn, it runs fine. Maybe clean out your carbs, there might be a clog in there? I would suggest cleaning the valves as well like Dale suggested. Good luck.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The carbs have been cleaned out twice lol

I am laughing because everyone we've talked to has no idea and just about everything has been tried twice, exept for a new CDI box, the one we thought would work was off a wrong sled

We called the number to the dealer that was on the side of the sled to see what they have done to the sled, but we got a recording saying "the nextel subscriber you have called cannot be located"... we don't know what to think

For those of you that live in Indiana, have you ever heard of of Rageline? Thats where its from

Thanks for all your help guys, but this sled just does not want to be fixed

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are all the air lines there and hooked up? Just about everything else has been covered. Top suspects being RAVE Valves, and too much air. Now you might have to look into the clutch?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same sort of problem with my Formula Z 583, bogging down, but at WOT it ran decent. After a week of fidiling with it, I found it was the spark plug caps. Check this out on your sled, new ones wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
those were the first things we changed, and it didnt help

I am not going to tear into the reed valves either because the guy we took it to said he took them apart and everything was fine

its my brothers sled, so its to the point hes sick of it and i'm not going to spend all day working on it. It will get fixed eventually but for now, hes in Seney Mi on a week long trip with my dads sled

I will let you know what is wrong with it when we get it fixed

thanks for all the help

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
We took it to the dealer and they couldn't figure it out, that is until the last hour they were going to work on it, and it was the timing

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yeah, no snow

I talked to my brother about it a little more and the timing for the spark was off, along with the timing for the oil pump. Also, they noticed that for the amount of miles on it, the hour meter is waaay to high. They think it was turned back about 1000 miles.

Where exactly is the hour meter so I can get u guys some numbers?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Did you ever find that hour meter lol?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts