Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends..
I am pretty new to this forum and I just want to say hello to all the members before asking for help. Well, I have 2005 Polaris 600 XC SP and I love it. I have noticed the new sleds have a 1/2" bigger rear wheel and the big wheels are 1" bigger. Just wondering if a big wheel kit would help to get better gas mileage, top speed and handling. Looking forward to know your thoughts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
pure bling. i put on 8" wheels and noticed nothing other than the chicks!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
madcow said:
pure bling. i put on 8" wheels and noticed nothing other than the chicks!
I guess that's not as easy to do as it seems also!?
I suppose you need to change the axle height on your skid somehow, right!?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
if you are going to go to bigger than stock wheels you need to let the poeple know your stock wheel or what sled its going on.
for example, pretty much every polaris 121 sled in an edge or older will need an offset axle. you run big wheels on the outside and stock wheels on the inside.
you cant run big wheels on the inside becuase of suspension clearance issues.

on 136 or longer you can run an offset axle and just big inner wheels or 3 big wheels 4 big wheels, 2 big wheels and 1or 2 inner stock wheels. whatever you want pretty much.

i went with 8" wheels, right after i got them i found out they company made 9 and 10" wheels. i probably would have went with 9" over the 8" next time.

for a pure ice sled 10" wheels with big drivers are a must.

·
Registered
453 Posts
madcow said:
Why is that?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
TrailRebel said:
madcow said:
Why is that?
for a pure speed sled the big wheels roll the track alot easier. part of it is the large radious. the other part that noone thinks about is that as the track goes over the top of the wheel, if its a large wheel the track doesnt have to flex or bend around the upper wheels, it more flat.and large drive wheels lowered to the ice reduce the amount of bend the track has to make.

everytime the track has to flex or go around something is energy lost.

·
Registered
453 Posts
madcow said:
TrailRebel said:
madcow said:
Why is that?
for a pure speed sled the big wheels roll the track alot easier. part of it is the large radious. the other part that noone thinks about is that as the track goes over the top of the wheel, if its a large wheel the track doesnt have to flex or bend around the upper wheels, it more flat.and large drive wheels lowered to the ice reduce the amount of bend the track has to make.

everytime the track has to flex or go around something is energy lost.
[thumb]Gotcha![thumb]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts