Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Its been a while since I've seriously participated in the site. I just entered college at Vermont Technical for Automotive Technology, so ill have better access to internet and all.
For sled news, with college and such, i decided that having a number of sleds in the double digits wasn't very practical. I traded a few sleds for one sled, and am looking to do that again once or twice, to both lessen the number of sleds and get some nicer machines- after all, college is all about ego.[beatup]

I traded my 02 Super Sport 550- had $330 invested- totaled 00 440 xcr, had $100 invested- and 00 Touring Trail 550- had $100 invested for my newest and, in my opinion, nicest sled.

2004 Firecat 600 EFI

All factory updates. Complete sled refurbished every year. Extremely meticulous owner, who bought it brand new.

I did some work to my 99 SKS 700.

2010823113434454_23167.jpg 2010823113511626_23167.jpg 2010823113544391_23167.jpg

07 Yamaha Nytro seat and gas tank.
5 Inch riser
Stripped all decals off ('cept 700)
Added can
Skidplate
Air cones for Carbs
Blue neons under hood

Traded my 96 Mach z 780, beaten quite badly by me, for a 2000 XC SP 600.

Stage two race Clutch setup, SLP can
Riser, mountain bar, Acerbis guards, Polaris handlebar bag
Low windshield, with windshield bag
Fox Position sensitive Suspension, with after-market plastic skis
Rail & board grips, skidplate

As with every toy comes questions.
For my air cones on my SKS, i need to re-jet- she backfires extremely bad. How do i do this?
For my XC SP, i need to replace the top end gasket- anything special, or just take off top end, scrape off old one, add new one, torque down?
For my F6, i have no snow. What do i do?

Any comments and answers appreciated.
TDG

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
tdgbigfoot said:
2004 Firecat 600 EFI
All factory updates. Complete sled refurbished every year. Extremely meticulous owner, who bought it brand new.

For my air cones on my SKS, i need to re-jet- she backfires extremely bad. How do i do this?
For my XC SP, i need to replace the top end gasket- anything special, or just take off top end, scrape off old one, add new one, torque down?
Meticulous owners are the best people to buy from. That Firecat is very nice, a lot better than a bunch of other junkers I've seen you had (no offense)-- treat it well.

Get rid of the air pods and put the stock airbox back on the SKS.
The XC SP doesn't have gaskets- It uses rubber O-rings. Very easy to replace, no scraping needed. The only gasket on the Liberty motors is the base gasket.

That Yammy seat looks good on the SKS.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Wow, your Firecat looks to be in great shape. You scored big on that one. I'm not really a cat fan, but thats a nice looking sled.

Your sks looks cool as hell. I've always liked that sled, but now it looks great. I would try to fill the empty space under the seat, maybe with a tunnel bag or something. Other than that I love it.

I'm almost certain I've seen the xcsp on craigslist. It looks to be in good shape other than the top end gasket.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
tdgbigfoot said:
2004 Firecat 600 EFI

Meticulous owners are the best people to buy from. That Firecat is very nice, a lot better than a bunch of other junkers I've seen you had (no offense)-- treat it well.

Get rid of the air pods and put the stock airbox back on the SKS.
The XC SP doesn't have gaskets- It uses rubber O-rings. Very easy to replace, no scraping needed. The only gasket on the Liberty motors is the base gasket.

That Yammy seat looks good on the SKS.
Yeah, i've had some heaps, but i never got the bad end of the deal, no matter what. Thank you though!
May i ask why the stock airbox? I would have to buy one, traded off the original.
About the head gasket- i was told by the owner previous, that he put a new gasket on top of the old one, and didnt take the old one off. This made the gasket leak. So what line of work should i pursue?

nhrider said:
Wow, your Firecat looks to be in great shape. You scored big on that one. I'm not really a cat fan, but thats a nice looking sled.

Your sks looks cool as hell. I've always liked that sled, but now it looks great. I would try to fill the empty space under the seat, maybe with a tunnel bag or something. Other than that I love it.

I'm almost certain I've seen the xcsp on craigslist. It looks to be in good shape other than the top end gasket.
Yeah, the XCSP was on there for a while. Thats super clean too. For the SKS, i am gonna put a seat support under the back of the seat, because i ride that thing pretty hard. Maybe i could find some sort of Polaris bag.

·
Registered
480 Posts
A seat support would look good too.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I concur on putting the stock air box back on the SKS and put the cones/pods on the shelf for a conversation piece, they will only create head aches for you and the benefits are none on a stock trail motor.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PolarisIndySKS said:
Nice rides! P.S, i was wondering if you were still sending me stickers. lol
oh shit, man, i will. I completely forgot with school. I WILL remember!

98700xc said:
I concur on putting the stock air box back on the SKS and put the cones/pods on the shelf for a conversation piece, they will only create head aches for you and the benefits are none on a stock trail motor.
Ok, i guess i will do that. I liked them because they lose weight and clutter and they sound good- they make the sled louder. This is not my trail sled, so loudness isn't an issue. I am leaning towards taking them off now. What are the headaches, finding the proper jetting?

·
Registered
278 Posts
i really like the look on the sks. you always seem to get the best deals! good luck with college and your new f6!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NY98xltsp said:
i really like the look on the sks. you always seem to get the best deals! good luck with college and your new f6!
Thanks!
I try hard to find something attractive.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Man i love that f6, Hopefully i can find one this winter in as good of shape as that if I can sell my dirtbike. That nytro seat looks awsome on the sks.

·
Registered
863 Posts
how do you find these deals? thats a crazy good deal! firecat for basically $550?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, Craigslist is my friend. I email alot of people.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
You scored big on that F6, it looks new!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
By the way, you can just send me like any and all stickers, lol. Yea, that nytro seat looks siiick! You just need something in the back there. That f6 is sweet to! We picked up an 06 fusion 600 H.O for 900 bucks, and only needed 200 dollars of work, and sold it to a dealer for 3 grand!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PolarisIndySKS said:
By the way, you can just send me like any and all stickers, lol. Yea, that nytro seat looks siiick! You just need something in the back there. That f6 is sweet to! We picked up an 06 fusion 600 H.O for 900 bucks, and only needed 200 dollars of work, and sold it to a dealer for 3 grand!
alright, im in college but go home on the weekends, ill grab a bunch of them. most got water logged pretty badly, but ill get something out.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
tdgbigfoot said:
PolarisIndySKS said:
Nice rides! P.S, i was wondering if you were still sending me stickers. lol
oh shit, man, i will. I completely forgot with school. I WILL remember!

98700xc said:
Ok, i guess i will do that. I liked them because they lose weight and clutter and they sound good- they make the sled louder. This is not my trail sled, so loudness isn't an issue. I am leaning towards taking them off now. What are the headaches, finding the proper jetting?
Jetting and underhood temps, you will suck in hot underhood air and lose HP, and if you get in powder, you will suck it in easier. Get a stock airbox and gut it if you want.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What does gutting do, just make it louder correct?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts