Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your biggest pet peeve while riding?

I actually have two:

1st: Someone that gives you crap that you are always working on your sled, and then they break down on the trail. You ask them "Where are your tools?" they respond "I don't carry any."

2nd: You ask the question "Who wants to lead?" everyone turns it down so you take the lead only to have one of them fly by you. If you want to lead then start.

Just getting ready for the weekend, I have two people like this in the group. [8D]

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
lol while riding....hmmm....the ppl that pass you while leading are kinda stupid, although i must say i do it sometimes if we allhave our plans organized and just goin to the gas station from someones house er sumptin and i get fed up goin behind the slow guy, but we dont pick leaders, just take off.....the ones who dont like to help u et unstuck annoy me, when they say "u got it stuck, u get it out"

·
Registered
227 Posts
1. People who don't pull over for faster people to pass. I don't pass people unless necessary, I'm sure they heard my pipes for 3 miles.

2. People who don't signal to you how many people are behind them, or the last person not signaling they are the last one. Or people not respecting you when you say you have 2 people back in your group. They might be 1/2 mile back, but once someone doesn't see anymore people and they peg it, just missing my friends in the next corner!

3. Stopping just on the other side of a hill or corner and not pulling off all the way!

4. People stopped along side of the trail in the middle of the night, in the pitch black without leaving a sled running, so you can tell someone is there!

Just a couple of things for safety and courtiousy.
Alright I'll get off my soapbox now!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Mine would be guys that drink or smoke pot when riding. Bugs me a lot, especially since we have a ton of people around my area that go up there just for those reasons. And theres no one up there to stop them. Thats mine. Don't get me wrong though, theres nothing wrong with having a cold beer or what ever every once in awhile, but i'm talking about the guys who down two or three or even more, before they even reach our cabin which is 15km from the unloading area.

·
Registered
133 Posts
People that take their hand from the side of the handlebar that has the brake lever on it while going past you with an aproximate speed differential of 60-80mph just to throw up some fingers and drive past you one handed.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I often ride in the back of the pack to make sure everone makes it. I watch everone hold up the fingers in my pack and in those opposing me. Of course I'm expected to give the closed fist which I some times do just so I become another white sheep in the crowd. However I often think that by giving the closed fist sign it is my way of saying to the riders opposing me that it is OK to give her hell. In reality it is never OK to go blasting around a blind curve or over a hill. People DIE every weekend. I've never heard of a snowcrosser dieing and they are going all out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is a valuable thread for me - I never thought about holding up the number of fingers to indicate how many are in our group on the trail. And the last guy has the closed fist - this is good information to know about!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
My really only pet peeve is when I'm going across lakes and can't keep up!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Sounds like you guys need to come to northern Saskatchewan.
I rode 3 weeks ago for 2 days straight and passed about 12 sleds going the other way, and 4 going the same way.
My pet peaves:
#1 Not having enough friends with sleds, my bro-in-law has a sled, but is more interested in ice-fishing than riding.
Although my friend Jerry has just gotten into the sport (F7) and is gung ho to ride with me.
#2 Working too many weekends theses days to go riding.
#3 Not enough snow (can't beleive I have seen this one yet).
#4 PPL who drink and ride.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
if your riding past another group so hard that you can't drive one handed you ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!!!! Your supposed to SLOW DOWN when you approach another group.

Don't take your hand off if your going so fast that it makes it dangerous. Sometimes the leader has no choice but to hold on, since sometimes he comes around the corner and they are right in front of him.

-Dean

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Originally posted by 500fasEnuf
[br]Sounds like you guys need to come to northern Saskatchewan.
I rode 3 weeks ago for 2 days straight and passed about 12 sleds going the other way, and 4 going the same way.
My pet peaves:
#1 Not having enough friends with sleds, my bro-in-law has a sled, but is more interested in ice-fishing than riding.
Although my friend Jerry has just gotten into the sport (F7) and is gung ho to ride with me.
#2 Working too many weekends theses days to go riding.
#3 Not enough snow (can't beleive I have seen this one yet).
#4 PPL who drink and ride.
lol I change my pet peeve's to everything 500 said... I wish I new more ppl that had sleds, and that actually wanted to go on a good long run. A few of the guys just like to screw around and do local stuff, I would rather go and a weekend or week trip...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i agree with rip.. slow down when theres other sleds. it bugs me when the people i ride with kick so much snow around in front that no one behind can see so we all have to back way off and when we catch up after they stop for a while they rip on you for being so far back!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
scottjohnson u abvosuly havnt takin the safty couse becuase they teach u all that stuff. My pet peeve is when someone is broken down on the trail, u ask if they need help or a tow, and they either ignore u or start yelling at you. Thats just down right mean.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
What?! 98mxz You actually asked someone if they wanted help and they yelled at you!?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Mr Peeve is that when we finally get a good base of snow on the trails or a good fresh dumping, these ying yangs around my area love to get their quads out and fly down or rip up the trails[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]. I know there's alot of quad people in here as well but notice I said in my area. 2 weeks ago on the trail I wondered what was ahead of me and it was a Violkswagon Rabbit or Jetta!! They were goin the same way as me thank God but you should've seen the look on their faces when I came up closer behind them. (OFSC Trail!) I have a red light shield on my Gen11 and I kept flickin my high and low beams and it looked like a cop light flashin. Bot did they get off onto a side road fast and gone! That's another stupid peeve. Sorry for the long thread and letting me vent[:D]. Mark

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I have seen people stuck in drifts before and unless there are other people stopped I will stop and offer to help dig em out. Or if someone is broken down I will offer to drive them to the closest house or whatever but I don't know too much about the mechanics of sleds to fix em.

My pet peeves are when people around here cut corners so they don't have to slow down as much. We have a creek behind our house and I have almost been hit a few times by people who come flying around the corner right on the right bank straight at you. It pisses me off when they do that.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i hear ya ,, lots do that hear ,, take the corner from outside to in to make it a little shaper ,, but what happens if a guy on the other side wants to do the same thing ,, BOOM ,, it's over!

·
Registered
76 Posts
my biggest pet peeve in the world, when the middle aged guy with 10 grand into his sled. Thinks he is the craziest badest guy thats ever toutched a sled. and talks down to kids cuz he thinks their too immature to ride a sled. Yeah... i got something to say about that, i would be more than happy to big that dude out and see who drops the biggest cliff, or hucks the biggest gap, or cuts the fastest lap times. god that makes me mad!!!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts