Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fanatics,

So here is my deal. I live in Toronto Canada but often go to the Niagara Region for some sick mobiling! I put my GSX in my truck but it often moves around and I want to make sure this thing doesnt keep getting scratched. Any ideas how I can secure it down?

Thanks
SB

·
Registered
586 Posts
heard of a tie down strap at all ... or change your driving ... it takes quite a bit for my sled to move in the back of my truck!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Originally posted by brnr17
[br]heard of a tie down strap at all ... or change your driving ... it takes quite a bit for my sled to move in the back of my truck!
I agree, most of the time we just put the tailgate up and go and never had any problems. If your that scared just use a rachet strap.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Quit replying with answers[V] Where has all the common sense gone these days.[?]

·
Registered
241 Posts
By the way, welcome to SF (saw it was your 1st post) I wouldn't keep it up with those kinds of questions though. You should find a lot of good information on here. Good Luck

07rmkracer

·
Registered
180 Posts
you guys are great, this guy is funny dumb, but funny. No everyone askes their dumb question in life.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Wrap it in bubble wrap.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I don't have much help in here, but, I would have to agree with a ratchet strap as well. My sled, I don't care if I smash it up. If it runs and drives nice than I'm happy.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Guys, take it easy on him. He's a new member, give him a break.

shakenblake welcome to SF, try to ignore the dumbasses that are leaving stupid comments.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
yup. bubble wrap the entire sled before you take offon your trip. haha jk

just strap it down and apply the parking break.. if it STILL slides.. well your gonna be dead from driving like an idiot soon anyways.. haha
welcome to the site!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
buy an enclosed trailer

·
Registered
571 Posts
Originally posted by bigwilly
[br]Guys, take it easy on him. He's a new member, give him a break.

shakenblake welcome to SF, try to ignore the dumbasses that are leaving stupid comments.
^^^^^^shakenblake, this is the only real useful post here. Welcome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the site! I've never witnessed someone get pounced on that quickly. What's that saying, there are no dumb questions only dumb people? or is it the other way around? or is it something different all together.

Anyway, I'm just taking the piss - and you've had enough of it already.

I'm guessing you are fairly new, as i am, but most of the guys here are right, a ratchet strap or an enclosed trailer with ratcheting straps and tie-downs will do the trick.

Found this site and maybe you might find it useful. I just got the snowmobile tow strap-works perfect.

here's a link to the tiedowns.

http://steadymate.com/ca/cat/1/cinchtitetm-series.html

Good luck!

just a suggestion; before asking questions like this, try to do some research on your own first - always helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Do the Doo, this is exactly what I am looking for. Sorry to everyone else who thinks i am an idiot but I am new to treking this thing around. Let you know how it goes.

Thx man!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Originally posted by 07rmkracer
[br]I wouldn't keep it up with those kinds of questions though.
This is NOT what Fanatics is about.

Please feel free to ask what ever questions you like.
As you can see, there is always lots of people willing to help with a reply no matter how basic the question.

Welcome here![:D]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts