Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a set of black magic pipes and I have been looking for a pair for a while now and I was wondering what a good price is on them. The guy has them for sale for 275$ I was thinking I could get him down too about 200$ for them. Do you need to do anything to your sled if you change the exhaust system on it and does anyone know if they make that big of a difference to know? Do you guys also think I would be able to get my money back out of them if I were to sell them at Haydays next year? From what I have seen they are really hard to find and are people just hording them because of there value and while they become popular in a couple years for collectors of the vintage sleds. lol

Let me know what you guys know about these black magic pipes!!

Arctic Cat zr440 Black Magic Twin Pipes

·
Super Moderator
11,649 Posts
Do you need to do anything to your sled if you change the exhaust system on it and does anyone know if they make that big of a difference to know?
Jetting will be mandatory or you'll certainly burn it down...and clutching to take advantage of the new powerband...

Reactions: Polaris_Star2013

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jetting will be mandatory or you'll certainly burn it down...and clutching to take advantage of the new powerband...
Would i need to jet it down or up? and i have a race clutch in my sled now? cause it is the 97 "snopro", would i need to reclutch like springs and weights?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
you would have to jet richer being that you are already jetted right for your current setup.

I would think you will still need to re-clutch still to be in the right band of power. You may be close or far off, have to run and see

·
Super Moderator
11,649 Posts
I would think you will still need to re-clutch still to be in the right band of power. You may be close or far off, have to run and see
No thinking, just clutching.

Their kit would have came with new weights, springs, and helix. Unfortunately, they are now out of business, so getting one of their kits is difficult. Might have to scour the interweb to see what people are running, or if anyone has a good starting spot. Just gotta find the guys knowledgeable on older iron...

Reactions: Mad-Boondocker

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He said he still has the box and papers to say they setup my sled needs, it seems like he has had them off them sled for a good amount of time. how hard is it to re-clutch a sled?

·
Super Moderator
11,649 Posts
You'll need a clutch puller and possibly a clutch press, though I have done my Cat clutches without a press. Otherwise it's a straight forward swap with new parts.

·
Registered
680 Posts
i told you all this in text messages!!!! don't you believe me???
u can make your own clutch press, i use a piece of readyrod and some nutz and some big @$$ washers!!!!!
clutch puller will run you $30ish
like i said in text, u do the pipes u need to do everything to make it worth while.

also pretty sure it wasn't called the ZR440 SNOPRO in 1997.... but just the ZR440. But I could be wrong on that, I've been wrong once b4 in my life!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I know! I texted you after I made this lol... I believe everyone one here.

·
Registered
707 Posts
i told you all this in text messages!!!! don't you believe me???
u can make your own clutch press, i use a piece of readyrod and some nutz and some big @$$ washers!!!!!
clutch puller will run you $30ish
like i said in text, u do the pipes u need to do everything to make it worth while.

also pretty sure it wasn't called the ZR440 SNOPRO in 1997.... but just the ZR440. But I could be wrong on that, I've been wrong once b4 in my life!!
^^^ just once? Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts