Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few people on here with RX-1's so I thought I would let you guys know about this.... Buddy on mine has a RX-1 Mountain, and just bought this exhast system from BM. Frankly we were all dissapointed of the craftsmanship from BM, the sled sounds awsome now but.... There were alot bolts that didn't line up really well, the four main bolt that mount the exhaust under the seat were jacked, only could 3 of 4 do go in. Also had to trim the heat sheild on the rear to fit back on, then the heat shield is supposed to screw back to the exhaust on the rear, well the new exhaust had no holes for this. So now the seat has nothing solid on the rear to bolt to, since it also uses the heat shield to bolt too. There were a couple other problems with this system too, but to keep this short those are a couple big ones. Anyway we were all dissapointed, except with the sound(wow) but for almost $500 US I wouldn't recommend this to anyone! Just a heads up...

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Are you sure they are "Black Magic" pipes? As far as I know Black magic is Arctic Cat parts exclusively. Also I do know that the Black Magic triple pipes are actually made by HPC.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I'm positive there Black Magic, said so right on the packaging, and I don't think there only AC anymore. Bigwilly, yeah that's what I hope to do, hopefully avoid someone being as pissed as we were!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Well here is the link to Black magic. I don't see anything but stuff for Arctic Cats on there. Maybe you can find something?

http://www.blackmagicracing.com/

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are trying to say I'm lying??? Look buddy, read the above post. The exhaust came in a cardboard box with BLACK MAGIC RACING logo right there on it, also came with one of there stickers too. I'm just telling you what he bought, not here to argue about trivial bullsh!t. Who cares if isn't on there website, think polaris or any other company has all there products listed on there web page????doubt it.....oh and take it for what it's worth he bought it at a Arctic Cat\Yamaha dealer...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Alaskangold- I sent you a pm on this subject.

Anyways, black magic has been trying to get into everythign now cause business is tough now days with the economy the way it is. I'll wait for alaskangold to reply to my pm before I write more on this subject as I have lots i can say about it.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rocket- PM is in your in-box

Also what your saying about companies farming out work doesn't really suprise me, I wouldn't have known the difference but yes it was a black magic system.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just a little note to you RX-1 guys. Last winter Yamaha had a factory trailer bring all their models to a local snowmobile club to raise money for a local charity. You could ride any model they made. The big boys from Yamaha were their and we got to talking about modifying the RX-1 for more power. He laughed and told me that most every aftermarket exhaust system for the RX-1 made less power than the factory set up. He thought of one company that did make a whopping 3 hp more at W.O.T. or max rpm but made less power from idle to midrange. Yes they may have been lighter and louder, but who knows how durable they will be and if they make less power, then why spend $500 plus. He talked about the gear reduction system that keeps the clutch spinning at a reasonable rpm. He said they played with higher rpms for the clutches but keep blowing belts. The torque this sucker puts out and rpms this thing spins is unlike any 2 stroker out there. There is definitely more speed to be had out of these but in the clutching, gearing area.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Just want to say I have contacted Black Magic and they do distribute pipes for the RX-1 under their name. I was wrong and apologize.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got your PM, and believe me it's all good......I don't ever remember BM announcing they worked with other brands anyway..,>>???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts