Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like all of the New York area went black and all around this area in Niagara Falls. Well all most every one except for us in Niagara Falls well I guess we produce it we shouldnt be with out it hahahah. And by the way it was the USA fault the power went out not hydro niagara.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in upstate NY 25 miles north of Albany. The outage was brief in the hamlet I live in but all the surrounding areas were out for 5 hours or more. Made for some interesting news footage of all the people in NYC abandoning their cars and walking....te he he.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm in Otsego County in NY. West of Albany. Funny thing that happened here is all the NYSEG people went out and the REA subscribers all stayed on. Usually REA is usually taking a dump long before NYSEG but we stayed on the whole time. Maybe about 5 seconds of low voltage and that's it. I can't believe all the people that were whining about A/C. I personally don't like it because when you go outside you get a migraine and the heat feels 100x worse.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We just drove to the nearest restaurant with a generator and ice cold beer and waited it out. I had power but didn't want to sit home and watch all the pathetic news coverage of it. I asked alot of people to consider what it was like before electricity. We are such a spoiled society....lol.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
who needs pwer when u got snow/dirt sleds/bikes and plunty of full gas cans??

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
madd

what do you think is used to produce those snow/dirt sleds/bikes and the machines that pump the gas??[:D]

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Shit dudes i never even knew this happened. I was camping wednesday through sunday. Full tanks of gas and food, and we had a generator, so we were good to go! no outage listed in my UPS log anyway for here in MN though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts