Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/size=4][purple]Anyone out there have anything to say about "Blade" snowmobiles. I was shopping for some new bibs and stumbled across the Blade web page. . . Are they expensive? do all their models have Vee Twins? Just curious.
Kimba466[/purple][/font=Comic Sans MS]

·
Registered
837 Posts
in this monthe=s snowtech there is a section on it any they are estimating the cost at $22.000, rip off. and i don't think it even looks very coll, its got a funny old looking windshield.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[purple]Shut Up!!! $22,000, R U kidding?? I didn't even pay that much for my 2002 Ford Ranger 4x4! If I could afford to spend that kind of money on toys, I would be wealthy enough to make my own snow 365 days a year!!!!
Kimba466[/purple][/font=Comic Sans MS]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, I've seen them down around $15,000.....but thats still absolutely rediculous! Love to ride one though.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
They are stupidly expensive. There is nothing on those machines worth that kind of money.

Plus they don't seem very good, last year at sno-x one of the braaap pack foos had one, and he wiped out all the time, and when that blade would land, it sounded like 2 sheets of plywood smacking together.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
837 Posts
im not joking, this is right out of the december snowtech, on page 115, the last paragraph say.

The Blade OutLaw is expected to retail around $22,000 with quantities limited.

before that it says they will be sould at harley dealers, and you know how much harleys cost. if had to get an expensive snowmobile ot would be a redline if they would get there stuff together. i have a dealer in bismarck but i have never seen one there

·
Registered
243 Posts
http://www.crazymtn.com/

I got one better for you. This sled sells for $26,500!!! It is 224 hp and made to climb cliffs. I'v seen a couple in action and they're impressive. Theyre made by a small shop in Montana. Can you imagine having 30K to spend on a sled??? I can only wish...

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Actually it's a great group of guys that build them and they will warranty defects, but MAN that's expensive!

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
if u have 30 Gs layin around.....might as well use it up on a sled huh?

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
506 Posts
man, if I had taht money, I'd spend it on a sled alright. several sleds, an SRX for a lakeracer, a rev or viper for ditchbanging, a little 440 rev for some freestyle jumping stuff (am I at 30 yet? I can keep going)

but ya, if I was gonna get an exotic, redline all the way. I actually do think those are nice sleds, unfortunatly really expensive. good mountain sleds by the look of it tho.

these things are the ferrarri's and that of sleds tho. the blade's aren't insanely fast or anything, like, they ride fairly nice, handle well, have good power, but mostly it's just that it's a good package. nice for all around riders. that's my impression anyways, could be wrong. but personally, for that money, I'd custom build a sled for myself. from the ground up.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
22 isn't the most expensive. More like $25k. from 15 to 25. They are nothing special. Well they are. They are suppossed to be one of the best trail sleds but all the magazines say it isn't worth anywhere near the extra 10-20 thousand dollars.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Polaris-Man:
They are stupidly expensive. There is nothing on those machines worth that kind of money.

Plus they don't seem very good, last year at sno-x one of the braaap pack foos had one, and he wiped out all the time, and when that blade would land, it sounded like 2 sheets of plywood smacking together.

Ride the Best!
[/quote]

ya.....i saw that guy on that orange and black blade right???(in fargo?) he didn't land it but like one time and the landing did sound kinda rough lol.....u described it good w/ the 2 sheets of plywood smacking together...lol

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I wonder if the suspension was modified on that one. They come with M10s from thef actory and those are DEFINETALLY not jumping suspensions. Like quite the oppossite.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This month's snowgoer magazine did a shootout on all the new big and bad 800's. They called the blade the Ferrarri of snowmobiles. I believe it just has a Polaris 800 Libery VES engine. They liked the blade, but not as well as the winner, the Ski-Doo REV. If you want I could find that article, but I'd rather you buy the magazine yourself if you are interested.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yeah I read where they called it the ferrari of lots of classes but they kept saying however great it is its not worth the extra thousands. You could buy an REV and put lightweight parts, and handling parts, and a new rear skid on for cheaper then you could buy a Blade and it would prolly be better.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I guess I have to jump in here. It's a great sled. Not worth that much money. Not for doing crazy jumping tricks. The front suspension is awesome and the M10 (M16 on mine) is awesome in bumps, but slows the sled down a tad.

I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts