Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would report on the conditions out west. They are awesome. started in the bighorns, rode there only 2 days, the riding was good but the powder was lacking. Went to cooke city where there was a couple feet of fresh powder, rode till my arms couldnt take it no more.The blade is an incredible sled, for some reason the only grooming that was being done was hwy 212 into town, but that didnt bother me, this sled ignores moguls, I mean I knew it would be alot plusher than my pro x but I must say I am very impressed, It did well in the steep and deep also. Overall the trip went perfect, and if anyone is thinking of one last ride head out there, you wont regret it.I will post some pics later.

· Registered
2,226 Posts
Still waiting for the pic's, would love to see that blade in action.

· Registered
6,041 Posts
addrenjunky said:
for some reason the only grooming that was being done was hwy 212 into town,
That's because it's mountain riding.
We (mountain riders) avoid groomers like as though you could catch the clap from them

Sounds like you had a good trip.
You rented a Blade? Those were a high dollar custom with polaris 800s in them a few years ago. Nice sleds

· Registered
1,405 Posts
Student Driver said:
addrenjunky said:
for some reason the only grooming that was being done was hwy 212 into town,
That's because it's mountain riding.
We (mountain riders) avoid groomers like as though you could catch the clap from them

Sounds like you had a good trip.
[highlight=yellow]You rented a Blade?[/highlight=yellow] Those were a high dollar custom with polaris 800s in them a few years ago. Nice sleds

I believe he owns it,,,,

· Registered
889 Posts
I rode my dads 03 Blade Highlander in Togwotee this year and it was a big change from my IQR for sure. I liked the extra power from the 800 vs the 600 in my IQR, but I wasn't overly excited about the sled itself. I'm sure if the suspension was set up correctly and the snow conditions were better I would have enjoyed it more. They are definatly a sled that gets some looks on the trail. Glad to see another BLADE owner on the site!

Chad

· Registered
454 Posts
I hate to sound stupid, but what the hell is a Blade?

· Registered
3,226 Posts
^ U should not feel stupid. Blade is a very unknown snowmobile company that made it's first sled in 98 I think the people that made the M-10 suspension had their hand in making the sleds. They are not the cheapest sled out there pretty pricey new from the factory. They used the Polaris 700 & 800 engines in their sleds. Have only seen a couple on trails but from what I hear they r lightweight. a lot of people still do not know that they exist. they use M-10 and M-16 on there sleds http://www.bladesnowmobiles.net/flash/bladehigh.htm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.