Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you do this? The nipple seems to be impossible to access, any secrets you guys know?

Thanks!

-Skip

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
You need to gently move the bottle but it can be done. I have also used a socket to get to it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You can take the cap off the reservoir on the handlebars and slowly squeeze the brake handle and watch the bubbles come out, keep doing that until you have no bubbles and you'll save yourself from messing with that bleeder and making a big mess.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
^^^^ that doesn't always work. Depends on what he did to the brake system.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That won't work, I gotta bleed it, it was completely drained since I parted the machine last Spring.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Undo the bra strap if you can't get at the nipples!!

Sorry, but I couldn't resist, Friday and all!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
it's a pita,i had to do it last year,but it can be done. move coolant bottle,find a smann piece of fuel,airvent tube, place it over the nipple,pull brake lever in,watch for crappy,burnt fluid to come out. this is much easier with 2 people.keep adding fresh fluid till it looks clean soming out of the hose. tighten nipple nut and replace resivor cap you're good to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.