Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody tell me how to bleed the oil line of air after changing an oil filter? My Indy is overdue for it and I would like to do it myself if it is an easy procedure.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
290 Posts
Losen the hex nut on top of the oil pump wait til the oil flow from beneath the screw head and then retighten the nut. Easy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will oil flow with the engine off? I am assuming I should do this with the engine off.
Thanks Again,
Jim

·
Registered
146 Posts
Needs to be running. Just loosen the bleed bolt enough for air to get out. The oil will pulse out when the air is through.

·
Registered
777 Posts
soop
doesn,t need to be running to bleed air out of oil line to pump, it will gravity bleed,only needs to run to bleed air out to banjo valves. you can also bleed the line to carbs,wire the oil pump wide open ,run at idle,she should smoke something fierce,and look for bubbles,don,t imagine there will any though

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I bled mine with the engine off. Gravity is sufficient.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
DO NOT BLEED WITH ENGINE RUNNING - Could cause damage.

Gravity should be sufficient, but if it isn't take a rag and a compressed air hose and put pressure in the oil tank, this will force the oil to go through the lines. Never run then engine when it's not getting oil.

Ride the Best!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts