Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1979 blizzard 7500 plus . It had a blown up 503 fan when I got it. its not custom fit because the pipe mounts and engine mounts all line up. I thought they had 340 L/C engines and the 5500 had a 503cc? I put in a new 503 today and took it for a grass rip and I couldnt keep the skis on the ground! has anyone ever had one of these or is it possible someone riveted on this tunnel? were the 503's always this snappy because my 1985 500 cougar has half the balls.
One more question does anyone know if I can make a 78' tnt 440 free air hood fit? I dont have one right now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey David,
The 7500 was a 340 liquid cooled. Someone must have put a 503 from a 5500 in it.I had a 9500 440 cc. I think all three engines used the same motor brakes and are interchangeable, just two are liquid cooled and the 503 is fan cooled. No matter what engine you have, they are awesome sleds! The Blizzard should out run the Cougar. The blizzard was made for performance and the Cougar is more of a trail sled. I don't think the TNT Hood will fit, it's a totally different shape and style.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you thats what I figured. Ya i've heard the blizzards with the 454 liquid engines are very fast I would love to get ahold of one ...oh well someday along with many other sleds.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts