Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think would win in a race.A 440 Invader or a 440 Blizzard?My cousin thinks his Invader will eat my blizzard.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Wow, great match! I really don't know, but that will be a good one to hear the results of. They are both fast. I've spent quite a bit of time on a 440 Blizzard and they are amazingly fast, almost scary because the ski-stance is so narrow. 440 Invader is also a quick sled. Hmm, i'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the Blizzard will take the win overall. The Blizzard is a pretty lite wieght machine.

Just my guess.
Let us know who wins!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Like a 9500+ or 9700?. I had a 81 9500 with the type 454 motor. The damn thing was an animal, an you can see that same motor until skidoo went with the case reed motors.
No dought, my money is on the blizzard. My buddy at the time had a invadar and a intruder. You'll eat em.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I love the old-school races. I think the Ski-doo will take it.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I would have to say the the Blizzard,but dosent that Invader look like 100 mph standing still. I love these old sleds.take them somewhere safe and try them.let us know,you got me currious.good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, we had the race. I got smoked. The invader took me all the way through, but it does have a few mods. The damn thing would stand up for fifty feet. Although I wasn't too far behind right away after about 60 it was gone.(until it maxed at 100, luvemall- it doesn't just look like 100 mph) Oh well, his invader blew up yesterday, I feel better now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Invaders are very quick sleds if setup right. It can sometimes be hard to get rid of takeoff bog, but they can easily do 100 if running good.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Invaders are very quick sleds if setup right. It can sometimes be hard to get rid of takeoff bog, but they can easily do 100 [/font=Arial]if running good.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Guys, I had a 1980 Polaris TX 440 back in the mid 80's. This thing was a rocket. I shaved the rods, put AAEN twin pipes on it and good old TX Claws! Cleated track. I had it until the early 90's and from a dead stop to 85 mph this thing would fly. Only weighed about 375 pounds. I raced all kinds of 440's from free-airs to liquids. In a short run, about 800 feet, untouchable. The one thing that sucked was it only topped out at 90 mph. At the 1/4 mile mark everybody I was racing was blowing by me like I was on a Bravo! The good old days!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts