Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1993 Indy Sport 440 Bulb in headlight went, got new bulb (non-halogen type) had truoble securing properly but thouught that I had it right. Blew bulb again, bought another bulb installed and blew again. Checked voltage, 27 volts DC initaially, down to 11 volts ac at bulb receptacle at idle, 12.7 when engine revved up somewhat. Figured that voltage reg, is OK must have not secured properly, bought new bulb and brsass wire part that holds bulb in. Installed properly. Started sled, bulb blew again when warming machine up. What is wrong ? Anyone ?

Thanx,

Kelly

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum

Please posts in the proper forum. I'm sure now that this question is in it's proper place, you will get a proper reply.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
It Sounds like a regulator problem to me. You should not have 27 volts if the regulator is working. I would check the regulator again. It may be a bad connection,(possibly a ground) If the voltage changes as much as you claim.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'ld do the voltage regulator change out as well. If you have handwarmers - they will probably get really hot for a while before they burn out to. The higher voltage will make some real heat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts