Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going down the trail and was slamming the woops pretty hard when i heard something kinda sounded like a snap not to sure,anyway when i got to the gas station i noticed the rear end of my sled (03 sks)was sagging to the point i couldnt push it down,i could only pick it up then when i let go it goes right back down..do you think my shock is blown?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ya your shock is blown[xx(]. I was riding with a few people about a week ago and the same thing happened to one of the guys in the pack. You could just pick up the back end and with no weight on it. Let it down and it's bottomed out already. He was going too fast on a nasty trail. It was hammered on too much. Hopefully you can fix it up quick and get back out.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has a 3 year warrenty and im good friends with the mechanic at the dealer so i should be all set..i hope it was just defective because i only has 700 miles on it and i dont feel like having it blow that offten..

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the trail was a old railroad bed and i was behind a few other ppl going maybe 50 i went by them because they started to slow down for the bumps the leader was a new mountaincat he noticed me comming up on him so he get on it a little over the bumps maybe 60mph i blew by him at about 85 over the bumps and just pinned it..not sure how fast i got it going but i made it to the gas station got gas and smoke a butt before i seen that pack of sleds go by..i guess you could say i was hammering it pretty hard over the bumps

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ouch...ya the speed and bumps combined was probably the cause. Chances are that it wasn't a defective shock. It just took more bashing then it was meant to handle.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is there any upgrades i can do for the shock?i dont wanna spend to much

·
Registered
227 Posts
It can be revalved for aggressive style of riding. You need to have someone who knows what they are doing. Usually shocks cost $35 to do basic rebuild, oil, gas, seals. To rebuild and revalve I got quotes for $52 each.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill get my dealer mechanic to cover iy under warrenty if it isnt already..will it hurt anything if i take it for a ride with it blown?

·
Registered
273 Posts
The shocks and everything on the suspension are also for protecting the sled itself. You can ride, but not very fast at all and when coming to bumps you have to go very slow. You'd be riding already bottomed out so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I wouldn't

·
Registered
83 Posts
I wouldn't ride it untill it is fixed .If you break some more parts you may have to pay for them . I would forget to tell your dealer how you broke it if I were you .

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my dealer is the one who told me to beat on it if i wanted thats what i bought the extended warrenty for..i went out riding today nothing hard and ended up meeting up with my dealer on the trail told him what happened he told me to bring it to him tomorrow and he will have it all set for me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts