Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blew my track this afternoon,

Can someone tell me how hard it is to change it on a 91 polaris, or is it fairly simple.

Or maybe what is the easiest way to go about it.

Finally got rid of the bogging (changed belts) and now this.

Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Its ok if you have done it before, since you havent the first time wont be that much fun, but it realy isnt hard. There is a step to step here http://snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15753 , but if you dont whant to screw it up then you can bring it to a sled shop. Takes them about 2 hours I beleive and usualy costs about 120 canadian, atleast at one of our places.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Its not hard to do at all. You should be able to get the track swapped out in 3 or 4 hours.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Take out the suspension screws (4), put down a piece of cardboard or old blanket on one side of sled near hood. Tip the sled over on its side (make sure fuel tank aint full). It will sit there all by itself real nice. Swing out suspension from tunnel and take it out. If you have liquid cooled sled watch the lip on unside of heat exchangers under running boards as the suspension likes to hang up there. You gotta kinda twist and finagle it out of there.

Once you do it it all will make sence

1 - 4 of 4 Posts