Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to stay legal for riding in VT I see Bikeman Performance has a mod for the stock Fusion exhaust. They claim hp gains while keeping the stock look and sound.

Anyone have any experience with this? Worth the $225?

· Registered
242 Posts
i dont no about bikeman....but i am using a AAEN pipe and can..and my sled is no loader than a stock fusion..i was right next to a stock one and couldnt tell the difference.....

· Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya, but unfortunately if you modify your exhaust and ride in VT you can get a $616 fine :/ That's how I interperet the law anyways. This way I retain the stock exhaust for that "stock" look haha.

Edit: This is the way the law is stated.

efficient muffler and such other equipment and devices as may be required to meet the noise level specifications of not more than 73 decibels on the A scale at 50 feet in a normal operating environment.

Then in another paragraph it says this...

Replacement Exhaust Systems
It is against Vermont law to sell a replacement exhaust system that exceeds the manufacturer's original equipment specifications. Violation of this law will result in a fine of $300 for the snowmobile operator and a $300 fine for the person selling the illegal exhaust system. No by-pass of a muffler system is allowed.

· Super Moderator
11,873 Posts
I've always read good things about the BMP Pipe Mod. Most of these were from Cats, but there were a few 600 Fusion guys running them with good results. They claim 5-6 HP...I've read DynoTech found closer to 3-4 HP.

Like you said, they retain the stock look and sound. The only way you can tell it is modded is a couple of welds where they lengthen the expansion chamber. If you have a stock heat shield, you can reinstall it for a completely stock look. Even without a heat shield, you could probably pawn the welds off as a broken pipe that was fixed...if they even bothered to ask. I doubt they would.

I have the BMP Pipe Mod and Y-pipe on my SnoPro (700 EFI). It looks stock, and with using the stock can, sounds factory. Between both mods, there was a definite improvement throughout the lower and midrange. Again, that was on Cat though...

· Registered
3,504 Posts
my buddy did it to his 600 shift carbed,and it DID make a difference.I have my pro-x pipe there getting it done.. After riding his b4 and after is what prompted me to do so also. He just ordered heads too. IMO it was worth 225 and doesnt sound different really from my 04 pro-x 600 stock

· Registered
261 Posts
And, chances are that te blow engine can be pointed to the operator/lack of tuning I've never had a perfectly good engine malfunction solely on a pipe/any given mod. 99% of it can be pointe to lack of tuning, or abuse. 'i put nitrous in my car, and didnt bother to retard the timing' sort of thing.

· Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well with what you guys have told me I will definitely look into this for next season. I also emailed the VT VAST trail coordinator to get clarification on the law. To me it's pretty confusing. You can be under 73db, but you can't modify?

· Registered
242 Posts
well there is a similar law in maine...i was at a gas station and the evo police were talking to use and my sled was running and he didnt even ask me to open my hood......i bet you can put the sheld on an aaen pipe to make it look stock

· Registered
261 Posts
Dragonryder said:
well there is a similar law in maine...i was at a gas station and the evo police were talking to use and my sled was running and he didnt even ask me to open my hood......i bet you can put the sheld on an aaen pipe to make it look stock

Make/modify your heat shroud. That's what i did ith my S10 street/stip truck took te heat sields off my cat, an welded them onto a straight through 3.5" pipe worke well with'stock look' Now i'm not saying you should, becaue we all know that breaking the law is bad! But there ya go

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.