Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boating season almost here. Time to fix the leaks on my Porta-boate 12 footer. I gotta get a new motor for it. Last year, we had bad gas. Our gov't was reimbursting most snowmobilers with their crankshafts and pistons. My 2 hp Suzuki was affected too.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
what do you mean almost?

I hit up minnetonka today with some friends, even took a couple dips in the water. It is still pretty chilly though. ~63 F approx. Probably burned 10 gallons through the merc.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Hey Rippered,

Looks like you were on Halsted's Bay... Looking at 6 mile creek...

Do you live on Minnetonka?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Nope, I live in brooklyn center (about 20 miles from mntka). I dunno the exact bay name, here is a map:
/snofan/../images/users/ripperd2/minnetonka_overview.gif

We have done unscientific studies of the lake, and this seems to be the absolute warmest water in this area, and is always calm.

-Dean

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
man ripperd your on one damn busy lake...

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Yep Minnetonka is real busy lake in the summer. In the winter though it is great place to ride.

My bad on where you were ripper, you were near the beginning of the Luce Line. You are correct very few people go over there cuz it is a little off the main cruise area's.

If you are ever looking for a group to ride with out there let me know. There are about 8 or 9 of us that ride all the time. All brands welcome :)

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Snowmobile for sure. We do get out on boats, but not very often. Got to find the quiet days out there in the summer. Happen to know where the dock is located? It looks like it might be near my house.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
The dock is in spring park bay, right by the boat launch. I was waiting for a friend to get out of the bathroom.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I am out and around the point to the right..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts