Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
post your pics of your boats here. I'll post mine tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
187 Posts
not exactly my boat, my scanner is busted, but this one is almost identical... same color features etc. Mine's a 1998 18.5 ft bow-rider w/ a 2000 Merc 115. works great, even pullin my 6'3+ 200+ lb kids up with 5 others in the boat.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
'88 Crestliner Deep-V
'01 Yamaha 50hp four-stroke

95% fishing, 5% towing cousins and such around (as seen here)

/snofan/../images/users/pigboy/crestliner.jpg

three weeks to opener [:D]

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
92 well craft, 3.1L 130HP..Nice fishing and sking boat..

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
96 sea ray, 16 ft bow rider. 60 hp merc... Needs more power, but whatcan ya do!

·
Registered
277 Posts
This is a picture of my boat. Closest thing to a boat I have, besides my Old Town canoe. 98 Kawi 900 STX. It'll do./polarisman/../images/users/maydaze/900STX2.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
/snofan/../images/users/DanoRevo/Boat.jpg
/snofan/../images/users/DanoRevo/barefooting.jpg
Here's our ski boat and a pic of me and my bro barefooting. Oh yeah, and 377safari was driving.
Specs-
Ford 5.8 liter V8, 4 Barrel, Straight pipes, and 290 HP

·
Registered
125 Posts
/snofan/../images/users/nicolas_fs/boat2.jpg
Here is our family boat. The first picture was taken on the rideau canal Ottawa-Kingston trip.
Four Winns Sundowner, 5L 240hp, great boat.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DanoRevo, Can you tell everyone who was driving in the pic of you and your bro barefooting? And for those of you who don't know Dano and I are related and use the same boat

this is what the boat is used for
30% wakeboarding
10% barefooting
5% wakeskating
5% waterskiing
50% Proving we have the toughest boat on the lake

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
377, i dunno what lake your on, but if it's any decent size, i doubt its the toughest boat on the lake.
I say you get 60gps on that boat, if that. It wouldnt take too much to make an outboard powered boat with much less HP blow by you.

-Dean

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I want a boat with a V8..hehe

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its an alright sized lake(mostly inboard ski boats like ours) and some outboards are faster but we can kick their ass until about 50mph and it can throw a power turn at 50mph thrasing everyone in the boat except the driver. The boat is made for power, not speed (has pulled up 10 skiers at once). We would be so far past an outboard off the line they couldn't catch us for a mile. But you know everything you lake roach. thats why I said on our lake tool, how the h would you know if it were the toughest boat on the lake. you don't know what your talking about so shut your yap. If you are hinting at your pussy fishing boat with a 115 could beat our boat I laugh at you. and BobinWI that looks like it could be very fun

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by 377safari
[br]its an alright sized lake(mostly inboard ski boats like ours) and some outboards are faster but we can kick their ass until about 50mph and it can throw a power turn at 50mph thrasing everyone in the boat except the driver. The boat is made for power, not speed (has pulled up 10 skiers at once). We would be so far past an outboard off the line they couldn't catch us for a mile. But you know everything you lake roach. thats why I said on our lake tool, how the h would you know if it were the toughest boat on the lake. you don't know what your talking about so shut your yap. If you are hinting at your pussy fishing boat with a 115 could beat our boat I laugh at you. and BobinWI that looks like it could be very fun
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today, or what?

First off, no, I know that my boat wouldn't stand a chance in a drag race, or top speed race.

2nd off. I was just replying to the fact that you were out "proving you have the toughest boat on the lake". Got a small johnson or what? Wherever you are, there is almost always someone that has soemthing bigger or badder. I was just pointing out that your boat is not the end all in either accelleration or top speed.

-Dean

·
Registered
125 Posts
How fast does everyones boats go? My Four Winns will max at about 50 mph.. Our prop is a little chipped and bent though...How much does a good stainless steel prop improve performance? Its not a speed boat, but going fast is fun!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
my pro bass with a yamaha 150 v-max goes 57-60 on g.p.s, my brothers ranger with optomax merc 150 does between 65-70 m.p.h. as for the stainless props, they are worth the money, but its important to get the best size and pitch for your application, 4 blades have great holeshot but usually won't carry the top speed of a stainless 3 blade. overall i think stainless props will generally pick up between 2-5 m.p.h's. they don't flex like the aluminums. but it does cost a little more to bounce it off the rock pile!!!!![:)]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think our ski boat has a 13 pitch brass 3 blade on her. tops out at about 53 or 54

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by dgerlach55033
[br]my pro bass with a yamaha 150 v-max goes 57-60 on g.p.s, my brothers ranger with optomax merc 150 does between 65-70 m.p.h.
See, it's claims like this I don't like. Your yami claim is definitly beliveable, but that ranger with a optimax is blowing smoke if it is't modded. go for yourself <http://www.mercurymarine.com/prop_selector>. A 18' bass boat with a 150 opti will run around 62mph top speed.

My boat may say almost 60 on the dream-o-meter on the dash, but I have a gps too, and it's about 49mph.

as for the stainless props, they are worth the money, but its important to get the best size and pitch for your application, 4 blades have great holeshot but usually won't carry the top speed of a stainless 3 blade. overall i think stainless props will generally pick up between 2-5 m.p.h's. they don't flex like the aluminums. but it does cost a little more to bounce it off the rock pile!!!!![:)]
I agree with the above. SS give you a couple mph on top, and slightly better holeshot than an AL prop. 4 and 5 bladers will drop youa couple mph from a AL, but holeshot will be much better. too much blade area makes for drag on the top end.

You hit a big rock with a AL, you bust a blade off. you hit a rock with a SS, and you may bend your propshaft. a bit more costly.

-Dean

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i am agast at these claims of false speed ripperd- you may be right though, my speed was on gps, my bro's speed was on the speedo. but, it does go bye me pretty easy, for what thats worth....[:)][:)]

1 - 20 of 46 Posts