Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we got socked here in pa. with almost 2 ft of new snow so ifinally got to go out and test some of the things i did to my 87 jag 440, it ran great,[8D] my rebuild and jetting on the carb works great, wow its hard to beleive that a 440 has this much pull, i cant even imagine a new 800, it must be scary fast!, well anyhow my sled was running great till it devloped a bad bog to the point of feeling like it was fouling plugs, what the heck, my carb was dialed in perfect, so how could this be?, well i was able to limp it home at half throttle, pulled it into the garage started to check some things only to find the fuel filter almost full of small black peices of plastic, so i figureing the previous owner of this sled had to have monkeyed with the tank, so i put on a new filter and its running good again, when the seasons over ill pull the tank flush and clean it good, but until then ill keep an eye on the filter,i was happy it was just something so simple. [8D]

·
Registered
414 Posts
If the sled breaks down it`s always when the snow is falling,and you really want to ride..good thing you where able to fix it fast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts