Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start driving in deep snow my sled starts to bog but if I lift my hood for about 10 sec.s it will go away. I have tapped up all of my vents in the front so I am pretty sure it's not steam. Someone told me it couls be exhaust leak. Is that possible?

·
Registered
55 Posts
What I don't understand is that what does opening the hood do to stop the bogging? seems like its gotta be bad carb seal to your air box...maybe?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I checked those and they are good, I've cleaned my carbs put new reeds in new pistons (don't ask) and changed fuel filter.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is it possible that snow is billowing around your cowling & collecting on the foam intake to the airbox?
That would account for the bogging going away, as well... it melts.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, Viper's have had some snow ingestion problems. On my brothers, if he's ridding at the back of the pack in soft snow conditions, all the snow dust will enter the air induction vents and collect and freeze on the foam at the top of the air box. This causes a bogg in the sled. As soon as he cleans the filter off and dries it......it clears the bogg right up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have watched my intake foams when riding in deep snow and they don't plug up or anything like that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
not familliar with you sled but is it possable that the deep snow could be blocking the exuast gasses, and when you open the hood they can escape back through the cowl ?, just a thought[8D]

·
Registered
274 Posts
i think vetteboy is right, we have about 2to4 feet up here in ny, and when i get in deep powder it bogs when the snow covers the pipe hole....

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't know if they make this for your sled or not, but you could probably put your own on. On my sled its got a piece of metal right in front of the exhaust hole to keep snow out, you could try that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts