Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I have an '88 Tundra that started to bog today as I was heading out to my camp. I promptly turned around and headed back home, figuring that being stuck out there in -25C (-13F) weather was not what I needed right about then.

I made it home okay, and have resolved to clean - clean - clean and rebuild the carb (paying close attention to needle & seat), change the fuel filter, check/clean the fuel pump, and change the spark plug. I have only had the machine since xmas and the previous owner doesn't know squat about maintenance/anything mechanical, so I figure this should get me away from the bogging situation.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
Never hurts to check compression while you are at it. And always check your antifreeze freeze point when you buy a sled.

·
Registered
128 Posts
isnt that a fan blower? anyway sounds more like you should clean out your gas tank. sounds like water laying in bottom of it. gasoline antifreeze is not the solution and even the iso is a preventative measure to be used on a regular basis not as a fix for accumulated water over several years. pull the tank off and dump it is my 2c worth. o ya carb bowls and filter too of course![:D]

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bbu ... yep, that be a fan ... thanks for the suggestion. I will clean out my gas tank while I am at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts