Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yamaha EX570, i start it, then when i give it gas the RPM goes up but it barely advances, like advances a few inches then bogges, over and over. I look at the belt and the clutch, the belt tightens then it looks like the cluth has a hard time turning. WTF is the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but when i raise the back end in the air so that the track can free spin, the secondary clutch opens and closes fine, but its stays closed when the track in on the ground

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Uh, yup. That's what it does. Secondary opens when engine RPMs go up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the primary has no problem turning over, the belt ends up slipping on the primary, because the secondary is not turning, could the clutch be glazed? it seems like as soon as there is a load on it, it doesnt wanna turn over

·
Registered
53 Posts
exactly what are you talking about engine not running smoothly or entire machine??

·
Registered
266 Posts
The driven is torque sensing so it acts completly different off the ground. Are you looking at the standard items first,IE; worn belt.If your trying to diagnose drive problems with a worn belt you're just chasing your tail.The number One cause of bogging is the belt.
Also if the buttons or rollers are worn out on the primary or secondary, it will also act differently

·
Registered
266 Posts
Also take the belt off and block up the rear end and try to turn the secondary by hand. It won't roll real easy,but you should be able to turn the track.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
you said on the warm up stand that the secondary opens and closes, sounds like that is ok, then you set it on the ground, and the sled just sits there and bogs, start with the basics, do a compresion check ,then use new plugs, is the carb or carbs opening fine, are you getting enough fuel, enough air, how does the engine react on the stand, is it still boggy, does it pop at all,

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
my dads 88 exciter 570 did the same thing rebult the clutches and works great now

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
good u found out that problem now instead of the day snow starts to fly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts