Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted a few threads on here about my bog in my 97 Ultra spx. I've figured out the bog from acceleration but now i notice I have a slight bog once i reach about 70mph. Once i hit 70 theres a slight bog some of the time, not all of the time, weird i know. My mechanic told me it cold have something to do with the aftermarket can. It was put on years ago and he said its a cheap one. The back pressure isn't right i believe he said. He thinks i should get a stock muffler and try it out. Its real tough to find one. Does anyone else here agree with what he said? He's been working on Polaris sleds for 20 years so i take his word for it i just want some other opinions. He said if that doesnt fix it then its probably the aftermarket clutch that's in it. The compression is good across all 3, and the jetting is all right.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
As you hit that speed, are the RPM's dropping then picking back up?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Well if i continue to pin it at 70 it has that boggy feeling and sound and they stay at about 7000rpms and it will increase from there very slowly. BUT if i pin it until i hit 70, then give it 90 percent throttle, itl keep climbing until i hit 100plus. Sorry, hard to explain lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
97Ultraman said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Well if i continue to pin it at 70 it has that boggy feeling and sound and they stay at about 7000rpms and it will increase from there very slowly. BUT if i pin it until i hit 70, then give it 90 percent throttle, itl keep climbing until i hit 100plus. Sorry, hard to explain lol.
So it's fixed!!!! Yesssss. Just like my mechanic said it was all because of the stupid aftermarket Can. I found a stock one for 50 and threw it on and no bog at any speed. Not even when the speedo read over 100 :). So relieved!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts