Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i went for a long ride today about 3 or 4 hours and around a half hour before i got done it started bogging on me a bit. Whenever i got up to about 20 or 30 it would start bogging then start accelerating. Anyone have any idea whats going on. I replaced the plugs also. Replies are appreciated. Thanks. oh the sled is a 91 indy 650.

·
Registered
53 Posts
might want to check out fuel lines 12yr old sled could be hard and cracking possibly sucking air

·
Registered
8 Posts
it sounds like ur running a little on the lean side try moving the needle on the slide up a nothch i had the same thing on my 97xlt and that seemed to cure the prob

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I am having the same problem. 1991 650 Indy. Runs great for about 30 minutes, and then starts bogging (Only if I run for a lenght of time, at slow speeds). When it is really cold, feels like I'm only running on 2 cylinders.

Right plug is wet, other 2 are nice and brown. Also backfires, when I let off the gas.

Tried a hotter plug in the right side, but didn't seem to help. I'm thinking I may have a weak spark...I'm hoping it's just the spark wire...if it was coil, it should effect the other 2 plugs as well.

Should I check the Carb as well?

Any ideas would be helpful.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You might check the fuel filter in the gass tank. This happened to me many years ago.[:)] Since the sled is that old you might want to install new gass lines, they might be collapsing on you.[;)]

·
Registered
328 Posts
Replying to WildeKardde. Iam having the same problem on my 85 indy 600. I think it is the coils. What do you meen when you say if one coil is bad it would affect the others as well. I just took my motor out last night and am going to replace all three coils and possibly a cdi box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts