Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't a really big problem but about 2 hours ago I got asked to race a 97 Ski-Doo 600. I was racing him on the packed snow and he was on the drag strip on the lake. He has a couple of mods to his sled but I got whooped by like 6 sled lengths. I have a stock 1994 XLT 600 and it ran great other than take off. When I punched the gas it bogged really bad. I mean bad enough where it almost wouldn't move at all. I changed plugs thinking that would work but didn't then changed gas and it still has the same problem. Does anyone know what could be causing this?? Any help would be appreciated.

Polaris4LIFE[:D]

·
Registered
85 Posts
read all of my posts, this seems to be a big issue on these @#$%[email protected]# XLT's....lol
i just finished a post on how i cured mine.
if your handy with a 12mm wrench, a philip screwdriver and some hose clamps and don't mind getting dirty, it's worth a shot, or it could just have water in the gas!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
How many miles on the belt? I know my XLT was starting to bog last year. My first thoughts of course were carbs. or the clutch. I replaced the belt and it ran like a top after that.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
When was the last time the needle n seats were changed? They may be leaking, which would definately cause the bog you describe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts