Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a xcr600sp.it has a flat spot bog when the rpm drop below 6000rpm.local dealers are sick of hearing from me with no help.i hear its a common problem for this sled.anyone got a fix besides dynamite.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Try changing your needle n seats out. Over time they wear out and will leak. This allows too much fuel in and can cause bogging and flooding. Make sure the carbs are clean and synced. Check the choke cables for adjustment as well.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
yes do a good carb tune up,and syncronize, i would also put in new primary and secondary springs, stock, they get saggy over time, look at the buttons in the secondary, you could do a timing check, relitive compression, compare the compression from cylinder to cylinder, a little clean up port work, not a full port job, makes a huge difference, like an easy 8-10 hp, makes it more trail ridable

·
Registered
218 Posts
You need to drill out your pilot jet air passage to 0.072" as described in the Polaris information bulletin # I-96-25. Then update to '97 clutch and carb specs. Tell the dealer about the bulletin and jog their memory.

Also, check clutch alignment and deflection and verify no broken motor mounts (especially left front)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts