Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my sleds is a 96' 680 polaris and when I took it out for the first time in Utah it was boging in the hole and when I am in movement and romp on it it bogs down also I changed my plugs oil and gas and also I rebuilt my clutch this summer so thats not it any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
What I'm saying is just cuz there new doesn't mean there the right ones.... Check a jetting chart, obvisously(sp) the ones you used this summer aren't gonna be worth a sh!t know..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you mein the ones I put on three weeks ago and yes I have check them also when I changed plugs my mechanic knows his sh!t rated 1 in the west by polaris it is not the jets that is the problem trust me any more suggestions?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Originally posted by childsplay
[br]you mein the ones I put on three weeks ago and yes I have check them also when I changed plugs my mechanic knows his sh!t rated 1 in the west by polaris it is not the jets that is the problem trust me any more suggestions?
Damn if he's so great your sled shouldn't be bogging then.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Originally posted by indytriple
[br]
[br]you mein the ones I put on three weeks ago and yes I have check them also when I changed plugs my mechanic knows his sh!t rated 1 in the west by polaris it is not the jets that is the problem trust me any more suggestions?
Damn if he's so great your sled shouldn't be bogging then.
LOL! Someone had to say it!

Gee, it I knew the #1 mechanic in all of Oz, I'd be asking him, but because I don't know the #1 mechanic in all of Oz, I'd check the jetting.

·
Registered
331 Posts
there are a LOT of variables in Jetting, altitude, temperature, air-density etc...so, running the sled for water-cross (at close to sea level) and in the summer (warmer temps) will make a HUGE difference in jetting....may be a good idea to talk to #1 Mechanic and see if he has some DIFFERENT reccomendations for WINTER riding at HIGHER altitudes.... just my .02 worth

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya know I posted that here because my mechanic moved to alaska but ya know if you guys plan on being the best web site then why dont you act like adults about how you reply he was rated #1 but now he moved not his fault is it but I will tell what its not the jets its something else but you
f!ck!ng brain wads just stick it out in here cuz im out every time I post something all I get is a bunch of dumb a$$ that think they know something so see ya b2354

·
Registered
133 Posts
How do you know its not the jets. Do you even know what jets are in the sled, inc. pilots? Ok if its not the jets, its the clutching, if its not the clutching rebuild the motor. There's your answer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
this could be a long shot but check your chaincase, check how loose it is.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i like the worn belt or secondary out of adjustment. is the engagement at the right rpm, once the sled is moving on the trail how does it run, could be a bad primary or secondary spring, even if you rebuilt the secondary clutch the spring might have came out of the whole in the clutch,
I placed seventh in a national contest for electronics, diesel fuel systems, engines, powertrains, hydralics, safety, back when i was in college and i still miss somethings now and agian,
but tell me more of the symptoms, trail speed and rpm high speed and rpm things like that, how does it start, plug color piston wash, noises, how does it run on a warm up stand things like that

·
Registered
174 Posts
I agree with madcow. It sounds as if clutches not 100%, but don't have enough information to make proper diagnosis. Bogs are one of the worst things to diagnose by just talking to someone.
Just 2 thoughts: 1. Have you put in new fuel since you run this summer. Gas companies change fuel formulation several times a year, and summer fuel does not run very well in colder temps. Plus fuel older than a couple of months will be stale. 2. If the jets that made this sled run great this summer are still in it, there is no way it will run great because it will be jetted to lean for the the colder weather. It had to have been jetted leaner to run greatt in summer temps, or it would have been to rich, and run like a dog.
Don't be so quick to blow a cork over someone giving what you beleive is a *&%$#@@ answer. We are all trying to help one another here, and sometimes you can expect people to throw in what they think is a fuuny answer. I don't think indytriple, or flange meant their answers as insults. I hear that line all the time in the shop. It's meant as a joke. So chill

·
Registered
331 Posts
[br]ya know I posted that here because my mechanic moved to alaska but ya know if you guys plan on being the best web site then why dont you act like adults about how you reply he was rated #1 but now he moved not his fault is it but I will tell what its not the jets its something else but you
f!ck!ng brain wads just stick it out in here cuz im out every time I post something all I get is a bunch of dumb a$$ that think they know something so see ya b2354
Actually if you read between the lines on most of the posts here, you will find plenty of suggestions/answers. It sounds like you are a little uptight, loosen up a little, we are all here for fun and maybe learn something along the way too....so lighten up....and don't get all defensive about your #1 mechanic, we ALL have people that we trust our machines to and think that they are #1 in thier own right....this actually is a good place to come where you won't be blasted on what KIND of sled you ride...and if you post questions, you will usualy get MORE than what you asked for.....so lighten up and take a breath, there are LOTS of answers here....good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts